1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best x Best

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ohpitbulls, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

lets see a good example of a best x best using the the line/inbreeding method.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

all these examples are best to best line breedings. Camino is line bred ogg cookie bred and outcrossed to Candy who is linebred/inbred mayday and jeep/redboy. PS, would give my left nut for a pair of these ;)

Yellow girl is line bred simba X linebred buck and mayday
    I already explained ch lefty.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

4. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

5. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

This takes place a lot more than some people think. Best to Best gives the best results when it's the best producers you can find plain and simple. I've seen champion to champion aces that threw nothing like themselves. Which makes that a wasted breeding.

6. Copper

Copper Pup

7. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Not my dogs

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

heres a question
    anyone linebred more than one ainimal at a time?
    for instance a dog could be linebred buck and line bred scream, just an example?
    anyone have experience or examples
    i have seen it done loose but never really close together
    seems it would be very effective...

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Look at Gamestarrs Batman he linebred Two animals also Ch 357..

10. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

linebred bolio. tight linebreeding (3 X 2) on tippy, through 2 different breedings. both times to a bolio x boomerang male. and if you look a little farther back both baby spike and bullboy bob are both bolio clouse crosses.
    norman's linebred several ways. too bad he wasn't bred much, he was the spittin' image of his maternal grandfather spanky. i think he was the best dog in his litter and that was a very good litter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  11. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

One of the best bred performance animals to see I love that Bolio x Boomerang stuff..

12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thanks benthere, this is pretty much what i was looking for
    i have noticed it in these particular dogs but not many others
    that is why i asked, not an expert but seems like it would be a effective way to breed if your using good dogs

13. gogettem

gogettem Pup

we just crossed the mayday line with the vengence stuff.wow look out

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah i have been wondering how those were doing

15. gogettem

gogettem Pup

i think that we might have made a very special breeding i have never seen anything like these animals in my 18 years of being game bred dogs

16. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

i hate "hot" puppies.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I agree benthere, although a firey pup can sometimes be slightly entertaining, I believe in the saying "hot water cools fast". I'd rather had a confident well tempered dog, then an animal that relies on "threat display". Not saying that all hot dogs (or even most) are bad dogs, just not what I'd classify a dog on.

Dream, I believe what your referring to is considered a battle cross. Two dogs bred tight on two different families, comming together. If that's not what you were talkin bout then my bad, but that's what I picked up on this end.

18. Copper

Copper Pup

I like both sides of this pedigree a lot.

19. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

lwg, yeah he asked about best to best and we were talkin about best to best within your line or best to best between 2 lines aka battle cross. but from what i have been able to observe 3 or more way crosses work jus as good if not better. look at sam jr

20. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I like a nice 3way cross .