1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best Dog food for a Pit

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NY RaRa PitLover, Dec 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Elliehanna

Elliehanna Big Dog

I use TotW Pacific salmon, my boy is allergic to grain and this is the 1st food he has done really well on, I add about a 4th can of double Q red or pink salmon to it too and a glicosamine 500mg with that other join thing...not ganna get the bottle but its not the L one but the other one 400mg to his food with hot water he eats it up and his coat has never looked better and that is a lot since he was dealing with hairloss soon after I adopted him (the day I got him was his 1st day with a collar on...and I found out he is also allergic to nylon so he was in a rough situation when I was figuring out his allergies)

2. Hey thanx alot everyone, you have really given me valid info in each post:D

3. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

Kirkland Chicken & Rice. Quality feed at a working's man price. The whole "the more expensive the better" talk is a load of garbage.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Neither, they're both crap. Eukanuba is the better of the 2 IMO but still wouldn't feed it to my hounds. If you do a search on this site for dog foods many good threads will just pop right up......;)

5. Barkada27

Barkada27 Pup

Despite brands, I try to stick to the guideline of no higher than 30 percent in protein (28 is ideal for me), and around 18-20 percent in fats. No fillers i.e. Corn, gluten, beets, etc... And only human grade meat products should be used. If I find a dry food that satisfies all of this criteria, I'm usually pretty satisfied with the results.

All that being said, I feed Nature's Variety Raw, Beef Formula... For my pups, I portion the raw beef with a portion of Solid Gold Wolf Cub, goats milk yogurt (1 tblspn), 4 percent milkfat cottage cheese (1 tblspn) and 2 egg yokes (no whites)... I do this to try to cover all bases. I mix and mash all that together, pour it over the dry kibble like a gravy, stir it up, and the little guys tear it up and do well on it. This is just what works well for me. Hope it is helpful..

6. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Raw diet... ground beef beef liver hearts chicken gizzards and chicken hearts garlic to repel flees

7. Barkada27

Barkada27 Pup

Hey man do you feed raw garlic? That's pretty interesting and a tip I might look into..

8. sean1977

sean1977 Pup

most store bought foods are garbage. give your dog healthy stuff. i.e. chicken, rice etc

9. yoel

yoel Big Dog

I am so serious since I've put garlic in the food he hasn't had one flea on him. Not everyday just like 3 times a week or so.

10. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Pedigree is junk.

I am not a big fan of Diamond dog foods, but their "NATURALS" (as in Diamond Naturals) lines is a good line for the money. I also feed raw.

11. Deniz

Deniz Big Dog

Nothing beats raw IMO

12. EVO or ORIJEN "KIBBLE"
    I Give tons of raw bones for chewing