1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Beef on Blue nose

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by steve04x, Aug 19, 2004.

1. steve04x

steve04x Pup

i hear all this talk about bashing bluenoses i myself do not own any but have a few friends that do i know its a defect meral gene at least thats what i have been told but some BIG time breeder dont even bother breading them and when i see Bluenises for sale there just as exspensive or even more ?? can someone help me out i myself think that are overrated and love Rednoses and fawns

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

color doesnt mean a thing.. its all on how they are bred. (abilities, temperment, health, conformation)

The beef is that most "blue" dogs are bred for looks and money. But the same thing can be said of Red red noses .. many are bred only by pedigree or color or size not based on the dogs abilities, health, temperment. fawn is a color term used more by UKC and Am Staff breeders. (even though it is an acceptable ADBA color)

But yes..I would agree that the majority of blue breeders (I use the term breeder loosely) are charging way to much for their dogs ..and half arent even of show quality let alone hunt quality. ( If your out to breed good dogs then wouldnt you think they'd at least fit the standard lol? ..) they slap 2 dogs together based on size and wala..$$$$

I guess what I'm trying to say is most of those breeders dont cull or care..they're out trying to make a buck. hey..this is america and as long as the dogs arent people eating machines what can one do? the people paying the money think they are getting the ultimate APBT and that the dogs are taken care of better and are of better health so on (what a load of crap.. ) which is the part I'm pissed off about .people thinking those dogs are what a true APBT should look like ..but it has nothing to do with the color

I own a dog with blue in her (and yep..she is exceptional in everyway, otherwise she'd be 6 ft under and even her bellymates ahve proven themselves and passed those traits on..her neice is one of the top AADR dogs in Michigan right now..) she herself isnt blue and if I never told anyone about her having blue in the ped, then no one would ever think twice based on her abilties (as for her passing those on.. we'll soon find out)

3. AC

AC Big Dog

Very well said. I owned a "blue nose" once and you better believe he left as quick as he came. LoL

4. steve04x

steve04x Pup

Well put rocksteady i guess i see your veiws clear now about folks just puttin two dogs togather for $$$ i already had an idea about that because i know a guy selling some bluenoses and they are beautiful dogs do get me wrong but he is asking way to much and they are not registard and neither is the mother or father of the pups, and he treats the dogs like Sh!t anyway he tried selling me one for 400 said he was giving me a deal hahahah....and to think of it my pitt that was free through a friend breeder of mine seems to be way more inteligent then his not talking trash but im sure it's just because he is being raised better, i mean this guy with the bluenoese kicks and pops the chain on these dogs for just being a little excited when my pup is around ?? now come on i know sometimes you have to use discpline but KICKING the dog gimmie a break and he wants me to buy a pup from him hahahahah...

5. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Thats horrible. If I were you I would report his ass. I love animals from ants to big ass tigers, and I hate when people do stupid things like that. Our dogs get excitited when they see other dogs. Its just natural. My pup gets excited and I just make her sit of just let her do what she's gonna do, but I would never kick her or anything. I went to this one guys house and he had dogs like that. He treated them like shit. Well I didn't buy anything from them at all. Oh well. Who in their right mind would even buy an unregistered dog for $400? Thats insane

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

One of the best dogs I've evered owned was a freebie.. (I still own him) He may be on the big side..around 75 pounds but he's as game as the day is long and about hte best tempered, laid back dog you could find. Yep..he's a bit too big but hopefully with a few stratigic breedings we can keep the size down. It would be a shame not to breed him solely based on size..he's the type of game dog that you can walk down the street and not worry he's going to rip apart any dog that comes up to him. He's kind of sneaky lol.. (but another dog gets in his chain space ..watch out) and dont even think about cats or squirrels.. Based on his merits he's up for stud .. (no blue in him ..down from the old Neblett line)

My female's mom was a blue ..a good dog in her own right. And the litter proved to be exceptional .. but she wasnt bred strickly for the color blue so it worked out. My female is a seal brindle and not a one dog in the litter came out blue (thanks to the daddy lol) She's going on 3 now .. but it was well worth the wait :)

And heck..those dogs people rescue from shelters and such probably get treated much better than most do.

i've heard people validate their high prices in many ways.. most of were a crock of doo doo I've seen prices of 3,000 for pups off of unproven, untested parents and one could go get teh same exactl line of dog off of show standard parents for 5oo to 700 ...it doesnt make sense
    I think there are some reasons to validate high prices..for example, exceptioanl dogs that were limited in how many times they were bred, how many pups the breeder let out, proven lines throughout and the breeder has a high reputation.