1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Beef bones

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Bryce, May 22, 2007.

1. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

is it ok for me to give my pup raw beef bones

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yes its actually better that the bones are raw, u shouldn't give ur dog any type of cooked bones

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Keep an eye on him cause if he eats too much bone it will make him constipated.

4. dogged

dogged Big Dog

Good point, Jeeperino.

Raw bones are great for the teeth, but be wary. Weight bearing bones of large herbivores can often break teeth. There are pros and cons to giving recreational raw bones.

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

they are fine just keep them raw.the femur is what i prefer for my dogs and they seem to prefer them their selfs as well.

6. I personally would not give any bones to a dog. I used to give them to my dog until i thought things through. (chewing) Raw bones will chip and dull teeth. If you want a chew toy, get him one of the Kong toys available. The black colored Kong toys are for the stronger biters....i believe.

7. nick destroys one of those black kongs in 4 days..........if that. lol i've never found anything that holds up to him and his chewing. raw bones are fine for any adult dog.