1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Beatrix DNA Results

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Beatrix Kiddo, May 20, 2014.

1. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

So i decided to get a DNA test done on my dog, for shits and gigs. I know people say these things are inaccurate and they only recognize AKC breeds. But here are the results anyways...
    I sent in no information or pics of my dog, only the DNA swab.

Results for your dog Beatrix Kiddo

Level 1 - American Staffordshire Terrier
    Level 5 - Boston Terrier
    Level 5 - Bulldog

This is a summary of your results. Your paperwork and certificate will be mailed to you shortly.
    Pet wellness is perhaps the most important part of canine ownership

Acquiring genetic breed heritage knowledge will help educate you about your dog and his or her special health and behaviour traits. You can now be proactive about many of the important factors affecting your dog*s life.

What your dog*s breed composition means

Level 1
    This category recognizes when a dog*s DNA contains a majority of one specific breed (75% or greater). A dog will only report with a Level 1 breed if they have a high percentage match to a single breed in their DNA. Most mixed breed dogs will not usually have a breed in this category unless one or both of their parents are purebred.

Level 2
    This category reports breeds that may be easily recognizable in your dog. Each breed listed makes up between 37%-74% of your dog*s breeds. Dogs with a large mixed ancestry will not normally have breeds reporting at this level.

Level 3
    This category identifies breeds that have between 20%-36% of the listed breed(s).

Level 4
    This category represents 10%-20% of the breed DNA. Dogs with large mixes may have a number of breeds in this category.

Level 5
    This category represents the lowest level of breed in your dog occurring at 9% or less. These breeds still appear at a low and measurable amount in your pet's DNA and were likely carried over from several generations.

2. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Interesting. So is "Level 5 - Bulldog" American Bulldog?

3. toom

toom Big Dog

That is interesting,,,,so those AMSTAFFS must have some OLD TIME boston terrier and bulldog from probably 1880 to say 1910.

4. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

I guess I should also include that my dog was a stray found as a puppy.

5. toom

toom Big Dog

There's a chance all APBT go back to some dogs that had boston terrier and bulldogs in the mix.AMSTAFFS came from APBT.

6. familydude

familydude Big Dog

7. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

^ that's interesting. Thanks for sharing

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I also find this interesting, Trix.