1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BBQ at the VA show?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by 215pitts, Apr 15, 2008.

1. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Since it was a great time at the NJ show for game-dog members. Bullydog and myself have decided to bring a grill and have some fun this time at the VA show. Members, just let us know if you are interested in participating and what you plan on bringing to the bbq. We will "not" charge a fee to eat because it's suppose to be a good time for game-dog members and being able to put faces with names but we will be asking for anyone interested to bring food besides bullydog and myself. The more food the more members will get to eat. My wife, myself, bulldog and his girlfriend will be cooking the food so far. Boi, you ass better be there and help us cook :)!

Again, anyone interested post your name and what you will bring!

215pitts burgers and sandwiches
    bulldogs chicken
    scratchin hot dogs

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No one is interested in a BBQ? I will bring something. Hot dogs or maybe hot wings.

3. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Sounds good scratchy! I'm thinking the same thing also BBQ?:confused:

4. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Its too far for me but Im a bbq'n fool. Take a whole fryer chicken, clean out the inards, take a beer and drink half of it, shove the other half up the chickens a$$ and set it upright on the grill. Baste with beer and your seasoning of choice for around 1:45 to 2 hours. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer. At 180 degrees, you can slap the meat off the bone. Thats whats known down here ass "Violated Chicken" or "Beer Butt Chicken" and I can assure you its the best you'll ever eat! ;)

5. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Had the "Beer Butt Chicken" before. And your right...only had it once....but it was the best chicken i ever had.

Sounds good Scratchin, i am sure some game-dog members at the show will come out the woodworks when they smell the food on the grill.

6. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

DJ, you need to drive up with Corona's and chill with us. Trust me we are not boring people :D.

7. Put me down for the BBQ!

I would love to bring things but my concern is travel time may spoil food. I would say let me bring it frozen but will that work for you guys? Obviously a 6 hour drive will give enough time to thaw but.....will that be ok with you guys? I can also ask one of you to buy it and I will reimburse once there? Will that work for you guys? I guess i have more questions than answers...lol

Also, a member on another board suggested we make it more fun for the dogs. How about bringing a springpole and let the dogs have some fun and public watch? Or let them do some other type of challenging activity? I am new at the conformation show thing but learn quickly. I wish there were more shows a year.:o

I cannot wait to go! Again, i will be wearing my black jacket with APBT logo on back. VA here we come!

8. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

This would be great but will it be a problem to the VA club that is hosting the show? I mean it's not game-dog's show although we could probably organize one for the Mid-Atlantic area :cool:.

9. Well, an insentive to letting dogs play with the springpole is that we may show how fun it is for dogs to use the springpole. We all know how humaniacs want to make springpole sound like a way of training a dog to fight. Seriously.

10. Hello ladies and gentleman!

I wanted to refresh this thread to follow up on our thoughts for the VA show. What is the deal with the BBQ?

Also, can anyone help me find dog friendly accommodations?

Has anyone noticed that Jaystreets is MIA? I think he is still sleeping with the nice trophy his girl won. He might still be high on success..... Hey Jay, remember not to over due it with your dog. You might need a second dog to keep you from burning up your dog.

VA show!!!!! I just need to find a hotel so that i can attend both days.

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

man im pissed that i can't make this show, sounds like its gonna be a good time, we're gonna have to do the same thing for the nationals in jersey

12. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

If you guys bring a grill, I'll bring some chicken brest to grill up on it. And some maranaid. And maybe chips and beer.

Rockey: There is a shortage of hotel room in that area so a room that would have cost $55 at the NJ show, is $115 at this show.

I'm staying at a comfort inn that allows dogs but the reviews made the place sound like a dump.

We always bring a cooler for the dogs raw food, just throw something in a cooler.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  13. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Myself, and a few others from this forum are staying at a campground site. Much cheaper.:)

Oh yes, bring anything you want. Me and 215pitts will be bringing some stuff. I am gonna try to bring a shit load of drinks. I spend too much on drinks at NJ show.

Jay is still around, I just spoke to him other day. He really wants to attend the VA show. However, i do not think he is gonna make it. I have to keep reminding him how well Spike did. He is a pretty humble guy.

Boi Boi, you need to come to this show. Come on Bro. Peer Pressure.

14. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Yes, a bbq will be in place at the camp site and at the show. My wife and I only have one concern and that is the food being spoiled over night. I'll have to check to see if there is a market in the area where we are staying.

15. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

I don't think beer is allowed at the show but off the site maybe :D. Nothing like Corona's on a nice day BBQ day.

16. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

the show is saturday and sunday right? hmmmmmmm.........someone give me the addy to the show location and i'll see if i can make it sunday

17. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

We're planing on coming to the show, probably just going to bring 2 or 3 dogs. We may bring some stuff for the BBQ also, just have to see how $$ goes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. thepitpalace

thepitpalace Big Dog

Twiztid, Love the black and white dog..

19. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Let me see if i can find exact location for ya. I only have directions to the town as of yet. However, i hear its a small little town. So finding it should not be to difficult.

20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well that would work just fine, i want to get an idea of how long it would take for me to get there