1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Basic conditioning?

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by lassie, Sep 12, 2012.

1. lassie

lassie Pup

My dog just hit 1yr and I wanna start gettin her into shape. Can ppls give me tips on wat types of things I should be doing and for how long. Also diet recommendations would b good.

2. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

personally i would let pass some more time, building bond and confidence and start getting the dog in shape after 1 and half yrs old

3. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Basic hand walking and a good dog food would be great right now. Some mill work wouldnt hurt either but keep it like you posted Simple and Basic!! 30 foot lead and an open field will do you wonders right now.

4. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

yeah i second that. but you can start by playing with the flirt pole spring pole .running sprint ,should help build drive ,and strengthen your bond so when it is time to work she will give you a good effort plus it will help with giving her good muscle tone definition. Take this time to research different methods of working a dog out as well as feeding during conditioning .

5. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i swear by hand walking for a youngster...

6. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

I hand walk and light flirt pole work for the 1 year old male I have. 10 minutes tops on the flirt and he's just getting into the springpole. All moderate, and I feed diamond naturals.

7. hans33

hans33 Pup

walk walk walk.

8. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

If you got wooded hiking trails near you, those are the best. Long hikes.