1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

barrel houses

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Oct 11, 2010.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Thanks alot afb! I wanted her to be able to get off the dirt if she wanted.

2. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Nice house treepitz. That's the perfect house for the winter around here. I'd like to build all new houses this summer and might go with that design because it gets pretty cold around here in the winter. I like how you put a barrel inside of it. At work they had about 40 crates about that same side if I could have gotten some of those all I would have had to do is build the inside wall and cut a hole for a door. Would have saved me tons of money not having to buy the lumber and lots of time not having to build them all. but they reuse em so couldn't get any of them. But yea love the design especially how you put a barrel inside for winter. I think that's exactly how I'm gonna build mine. I'd also like to build some above ground pens this summer for pups and attach a house like that to it

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Thanks alot Jlusk! It sure would be alot nicer if you could get one from work, I feel ya on that. When I lived up north and had the dual compartment (all wood) houses I never checked the temperature inside the house so I can't speak on then. But since I live in a warmer climate area now I've been concerned about the dogs getting too cold outside since we don't get alot of cold weather and they aren't used to it so I put a wireless temperature sensor on the inside of the entrance wall going into the barrel. I can monitor how warm it is in their house from inside our house and when the dogs go inside the barrel I can instantly see the temp going up on their temp monitor. With the dogs inside there, it's usually 10 - 15 degrees warmer than it is outside. I'll take the sensors out when I feel I need to but it's nice being able to see how the dogs are feeling in there, and so far they aren't messing with them.