1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Barkers

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by shadyridgekennel, May 17, 2006.

1. simpson

simpson Big Dog

For temporary relief of minor barking pain:

Step 1. remove lid from jar of pb

step 2. give open jar of pb to said barker :)

2. simpson

simpson Big Dog

If you don't want the pooch to have plastic, grab a handful w/a paper towel.

3. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Interesting, never thought Peanut Butter wouldve helped...Ill give it a shot :)

4. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

yeah they do tend to range pretty pricey I remember taking a look at some a very long time ago and most where well in the 100s. Well good luck hopefully you can find one that will work best for you.

5. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I just got one of these to try with Scarling. She's not a non stop barker... she just YELLS like a demonic squirrel when we come home or when I'm out in the yard working another dog. I personally don't care that much, but my landlord is a saint and anything I can do to prevent her from driving HIM insane is worth a try. lol So far it is just as annoying as Scarling is, but we will see. It says to give it a month as they have to learn that it's their barking that is setting it off. She has clued in to that fact, but I think right now she is in that ''it's pissing me off so I'm going to bark more'' phase. :rolleyes:

http://www.canadianbarkcontrol.com/?gclid=CMWyu46h7KMCFQ5IagodVElf7g

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Peanut butter to stop a dog from barking? LMAO.....Only time I use peanut butter is when selecting a pup LMAO.

7. simpson

simpson Big Dog

You rub it on your tool and pick the one that licks, instead of bites, or what LMAO!!

8. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Thank you, Ill be sure to keep the thread updated as to what I end up doing, and the results :)

I dont know if I can deal with this device blaring sounds off on top of my dog's barking lol...You said even yourself its annoying, so I might steer clear...Have you noticed any results in the time you have used it?

9. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

There is actually a ''silent'' setting, but we've been keeping it on the one that is audible to humans just so we can get it set at a good level. If you set it too high, other things will set it off, like my daughter and her high pitched voice. lol Once you figure out the proper setting for your situation, then you are supposed to put it on silent mode. We did it for the first time today actually. We've only had it for a couple weeks and they say give it at least a month. I know for sure that she has clued in to the fact that it is her barking setting it off as the first day, she kept barking lower and lower and lower until she was doing this VERY pathetic whine where she wasn't setting it off. lol They say it's common for them to get annoyed and start barking MORE for a bit until they just kinda give in. I'll let you know how things are going in a couple weeks! ;)

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

I use the citronella collars, whenever the dog barks it sprays a small amount of citronella and they hate it. Its harmless nom electric and the refills are cheap.

And i find that they stay quieter for longer, some dogs smarten up to it, and understand if they dont have it on they can get away with it. Same dogs will cringe when you go near them with it lol.

11. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I wish I could try that with Scarling but the citronella smell gives me migraines. I had this foster from hell one time because she was insane and nobody would keep her. She barked NON STOP. She was a little boston mix and was a TOTAL brat. She would literally bark until the cannister was empty and bark some more. lol

I actually have a shock bark collar here that came with a dog I boarded but I'm not using that thing. The owner bought it for me to use and OTHER things would constantly set it off so the dog was just being radomly shocked. :eek: She went mental with it on and broke out of what I thought was my inescapable kennel... ripped the welds right off the bars. I came home to find her at the door all happy and wagging. I'd maybe try one with a remote myself but that would only help if you are home. Not much use if the dog barks when you leave.

12. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

Your welcome please do! I have always been interested about these collars and I use to highly consider purchasing one for my old dog who was such a barker. Now though I don't have a problem with my girl, but for my parents dog she may need this especially when we are away on vacation.

13. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Picked up a bark collar over the weekend. Ive just been letting the pup wear it with no batteries all weekend, just getting used to it being on and not correcting her (so when it does, she hopefully does not become collar selective...)

Ive tested it to make sure it does correct her when she barks, so now that I know its working properly, tomorrow is the first real test! :D

Ill let you know how it works!

14. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

nice sounds really good looks like you know what you are doing just hope the collar is going to be just as smart :p will be glad to hear of the results!

15. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

got a female shes a year old she makes one hell of a noise lol lol

16. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

got anything to help screamers? mine doesn't bark. Just screams.... ugh

17. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

So yesterday was the first day of using the bark collar and from what Ive seen, it worked.

From the time I spend at home before going to work in the morning, she is normally barking up a storm and I did not hear a peep. I don't know how it is when I am not there, but due to no complaints from my nieghbors, it seems minimal.

My only concern is what happens when the bark collar is out of the picture...That's why I'm trying to train her when she's a pup, so hopefully this wont become an issue when she's an adult...

18. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That ultrasonic bark box seems to be helping my screamer, but now it's got my barker going. lol

19. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

hahahaha! well thanks, it might be worth a shot....

20. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Well as an update...Seems as if I need to re-address this issue...The bark collar seems to have little if no effect anymore...I might need to up the bark collar (As in getting a collar with higher levels of correction) or try some alternative methods...