1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Barkers

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by shadyridgekennel, May 17, 2006.

1. hey guys . just wanted to know what ya'll do to make your barkers stop barking?

2. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

3. i got 8 in my yard right now, if they are barking for the hell of it, i put a bark collar on for about an hour... if they are barking at something to let me know, which you CAN tell the difference, i don't put it on...it's uppose to train them not to bark for the hell of it..my dogs don't chase their tails, they bark at their balls..lol if that's too much for you, just ignore them.

4. Deacon is 4 months to and he just barks for the hell of it. we have tryed spray bottles and that dont work. and he is not barking cuz he is not getting enough exercise . this morning we were playing with him with the flirt pole for 30 mins and then put him out in the pen to get ready for work and the little bastard still barks his head off!!!! next if he dont stop is a 'no bark collar'iam going to kill him. he just dont learn to shut up!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Smokey doesn't bark that much but if he does I tell him to SHUT THE HELL UP. That usally works I swear that dog knows english. French to! LOL

6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I have four in the yard at any given time and they bark at golf carts, ppl walking, leaves blowing, and China has this steady, high pitch female pit bark that just kills you. Rrgh! Rrgh! Rrgh!

7. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

Any Use The Boxes?

8. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I got a big jug of peanut butter from Sams. Everytime they started barking i would get a handful of peanut butter and stick it in the roof of their mouth. By the time they got done working on that mouth full of peanut butter, they were too tired to bark. After that if they didn't shut up, all I had to do was get the PB jug and they stopped barking.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Depends on why he's barking. There are many reasons for a dog to bark & to offer advice, we need to know the context in which he's doing so.

10. i have an 8 month old female and she barks when some ones coming down the alley, but then sometimes she just barks for the hell of it, on those nights i go out there and let her off the chain and give her a good work out on the flirt pole bout' 20-40 mins that usually shuts her up and it's great for her cardio and muscle tone she's really cut up. dogs usually bark when they see something that gets their attention or they bark cause they're bored.

11. B

B CH Dog

Tired dogs usually don't bark. Try working them hard and burning some of that energy off.

Regards,

B

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Underdogg, dont go out and take the dog off the chain when she barks or it will only get worse! Right now she is seeing that if she barks, she gets to see her owner and go play.

What do I do when they are barking just to hear themselves bark? I get creative with my language out the back door. I also reinforce good behavior such as if they are quiet on the chain all day, I will go out and give treats between feedings.

13. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Mine only bark when something is outside(people, another animal, etc.) They used to bark at my neighbor constantly because she would throw Scooby Snacks out to them, so they would bark to get treats. I had to ask her to stop. Now they are quiet unless, like I said, there is something going on or it starts to rain.

14. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

15. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I Have A Dog That Barks All The Time (argg!), He Sounds Like A Dieing Seal! Lol
    The Hose Works (this Can Also Backfire Sometimes Lol), Id Squirt Next To Them (i Would Only Squirt Them If They Would Not Stop Barking After I Squirted Next To Them).. Now I Just Have To Show Them The Hose And They Shut Up.

A Buddy Of Mine Has An Airgun, They Would Shoot The Dog House.. All They Have To Do Is Show The Gun Now And They All Dart For Their Houses Lol.
    I Know A 2nd Person That Does This With Good Success As Well (im Not Advising Doing This, As Someone Will Probably End Up Blinding Their Dog...)

16. yea i dont want to shoot anything at the houses with my luck i'll either shoot myself or the dam mutt..but he just barks for the hell of it. he gets worked on the flirt pole and runs around. tomorro iam headed to walmart for a no bark collar.before my neigbor kills me lol

17. deffinately dont take her off the chain every time she does it, some times i'll be busy with the kids and she starts up i'll have to stick my head out the door and give her a good " Nickey Shut Up" she usually knows when she's starting to piss me off and settles down. i work them about every day in some way or the other, now if you can tell me how to get the kids to stop barking that would be appreciated.

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

It sounds like she needs more exercise (multiple times a day).

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Dogs usually bark for a reason and those can be controlled pretty easy but then there are your nusiance barkers that bark for no reason and those are the hardest to control and train.

20. Attila

Attila Guest

Try a crate. Bark collars work too. But if your dogs persists just send that baby to me. I could care less if a dog barks. It could bark till it looses it's voice for all I care. The only neigbor I like has a kid that plays the drums and he can't hear anything either. Nine times out of ten when I am looking through my night vision scope on my 30.06 there is either some varmit or a person sneaking around my yard. If your dog is barking because you stuck it in a kennel and are leaving it probably is separation anxiety. These are people dogs remember. Just send her to me and get your self one of them alof dogs that could care less if your around. Maybe one of them evil cats I hear they don't care if people are there as long as they git to eat, drink and stink up your house.