1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bankston's Game Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by EastTexas, Jun 20, 2007.

1. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

2. simms

simms CH Dog

3. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Thanks for the reply simms!

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

good site, but i was wondering could u give me some info. the peds of most of ur dogs. I recognize the top side but i know nothing about the bottom side of your dogs like pride

5. bulldogv

bulldogv Pup

If the bottom side of the Black dogs ped looked somewhat similar to the top I might think it was a game bred dog. Gamebred dogs wouldnt be worried over a hog, theyd be in each others ass. All too often we here this same B.S. Get it right man, If his parents grandparents werent tested theyre not gamebred, and probably not game bro.

6. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I asked you to reply to my website, Not my dogs! You don't know me or my dogs, I know what my dogs are capable of! You better ask someone with experience, The papers don't make the dog, The dog makes the papers. So you know me well enough, off of one post to say that my dogs parents/grandparents werent tested and probabley arent game. I must be older or more experienced enough to know that, that can't be talked about over the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2007
  7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Hm. I disagree. I'm not quite sure why the public perception is that all gamebred dogs are fightcrazy, foaming at the mouths, maniacs that just can't wait to sink it's teeth into the dog next to it. Are there dogs like this? Sure. But there are many dogs that aren't.....probably moreso. If you don't believe me, just look at the pictures of not just gamebred dogs, but Ch. & Gr. Ch. pitdogs lying in the sun with a pup or another dog by it's side. Pictures don't lie.

As someone who hunts hogs on the side with some of the dogs, I can attest that gamebred APBTs can do this job & they can do it well. Are all of them good candidates? Of course not. In fact, one dog I thought would do well ended up fatally injuring one of the best bay dogs a friend of mine has ever owned. It was a sad day but it can happen & it can happen between dogs of any bully breed. However, we do have a few APBTs that have turned out to be great catch dogs. They work well in smaller numbers (we never run more than 2 catch dogs & often will just bring 1 when heading out spur of the moment). Of course fights have broken out & they will continue to do so as it is a high stress situation. But once the dog has seen the hog, the same animal it has been trained to catch, it is on a one-track mission to bring the damned thing down. Most of the dogs are blinded to the fact that another dog is one the hog with it.

People need to quit with the ill-perceived notion that a dog that doesn't immediately try to kill another dog cannot be a gamebred animal. IMO it only shows that that person is not very educated with the APBT nor pitdog history.

pennsooner and Pirbul like this.
  8. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Thanks Miakoda, and I believe it was in Richard Stratton's book The Book of The American Pit Bull Terrier where Stratton talked about when Howard Heinzl got Dibo he was 2 years old and ran around Heinzl's place loose, staying out of the reach of the chained dogs. He even jokingly says that Dibo was occasionally bullied by Mrs. Heinzl's Boston Terrier.

9. Very ,very good post...true as gold.;)

10. BTW your side is great. But iam a color freak I would make the black in royal blue and the written in Yolk-yellow .The dogs would make a good contrast.

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I agree w/ Mia. One of the fight craziest dogs I ever owned was also a great hog dog.

As for the site, I agree, it is set up nicely, but is just a touch too dark. A background color tan IMO would offset the color of the dogs better. Right now it is so dark you can hardly see the dogs.

JMHO ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2007
  12. smokey024

smokey024 Big Dog

The site looks good and so do the dogs.

13. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

O.K. I changed it up a bit and went with a lighter color instead of the black background.

14. Yes that looks great, nice site^^ :)