1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ban the Deed, Not the Breed Petition

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by J M A N, Jun 14, 2004.

1. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

I'm 1374!!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

A BAD OWNER MAKES A BAD DOG!

Sadly, there are still people who breed unstable dogs to make a more aggressive dog. Worst of all, people who own these dogs, use very inhumane practices to intensify aggression; they deprive the dog of light and nourishment for weeks at a time, shoot them with steroids and drugs and even allow them to attack defenseless animals, just to name a few. These people are obviously not responsible owners or breeders and unfortunately are the ones who get all the attention. The dogs we breed are family companions and head turners in the show! Once you have owned an American Pit Bull Terrier or an American Staffordshire Terrier, you will never want another breed! These are by far the happiest and most loyal of all breeds.

You made me what I am today, courage at its best. You wanted me to know no fear, a cut above the rest.

Not only did I master that, I've thrown in loyalty, too. Look past my eyes into my soul, you know I'd die for you.

I'll watch your kids, I'll watch your house. Your praise will be my crown, ask what you will-I'll do my best. I'll even be your clown.

But some of you don't like me, I'm sure I don't know why. The only thing I'm guilty of is courage, love, and try.

But still they want to see me go, they want my breed to end. Will I see you sitting idly by? You, whom I call friend?

You made me what I am today, you never saw me waiver. I've done my best to keep you safe. Wont you please return the favor.

3. EZFOX

EZFOX Pup

I live in n.c and a local county wants to ban pits and rots a little boy was bitten last week and the news didnt report till the next day that the pit was on a chain and gaurding a litter of pups.

4. cxapollo1

cxapollo1 Pup

For the ones who couldn't view the article, the run down on it. Denver has had a ban on all Bull Terriors since 1986. Gov. Bill Owens signed a bill April 21, outlawing bans on P.B. Before Denver had a city ordinance that if you owned a P.B., AmStaff., and the Staffordshire Terrior, you would have to surrender them to have them euthanized or move out of the city limits.Republican State Rep Debbie Stafford sponsored a bill that would stiffen civil penalties on dog owners whos dogs are not controlled and a menace to the community, but contained a provision forbidding breed bans. Denver has killed thousands of family pets, 410 were P.B. that never hurt anyone. The state bill stopped the killing of 22 Bull Terriors that were sitting on Death Row. The Gov. said what Denver is doing is "Doggie Profiling." Needless to say, the Denver City Council is upset that their ordinance was shut down by State Government. Karen Delise, author of a book, "Fatal Dog Attacks" says 20 people a year are killed in this country by various dogs. The data she has collected says there is no evidence that P.B. in general were inherently vicious by nature to kill people. When calling around shelters across the country she found too may Pits are being owned by irresponsible people. By banning a breed you're putting the focus on the breed itself and ignoring the real factors that contributed to it's behavior. What this boils down to is, this is a great victory for the PitBulls. The tides are finally turning and people are beginning to realize that the breed itself is not the culprit. It's the wrong type of people who own them.

5. cxapollo1

cxapollo1 Pup

6. cxapollo1

cxapollo1 Pup

Well Oklahoma Is Trying Ban Them Also Right Now Praying It Dont Happen!

7. alicia420

alicia420 Pup

#1434 proud to sign

8. #1439,1440, happy to sign and about t

9. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Just went to the site and I am proud to be number 1495.

10. McKenzie

McKenzie Guest

i agree! Ban the Deed, Not the Breed! My dog is my dog and not the states!

11. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

signed it B-I-Z!

12. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

#1504 for this one! I think I have signed about a million of these! Let's keep it up! Let's hope to make a difference! For our dogs sake.

13. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

i signed!! keep em comming

14. #15 something didnt look sorry, proud though.

15. gckb24

gckb24 Pup

#1586 here

16. # 1589
    # 1591

17. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

did it! yessiree!!