1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

BAN Entire State of TENNESSEE

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Dtwo, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Part of the bill:
    "Pit bull dog" means any pit bull terrier; and "Pit bull terrier" means any American pit bull terrier, > Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog or American Staffordshire terrier breed of dog or any mixed breed of dog which contains as fifty percent (50%) of its breeding the breed of American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog or American Staffordshire terrier, so as to be identifiable as partially of the breed American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog or American Staffordshire terrier.

It will be an an offense for any person to knowingly own a pit bull dog in this state.

A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor. In addition to the penalty imposed in subsection (c), the court making the sentencing determination for a person convicted under this section shall order the person convicted to surrender custody and forfeit the pit bull dog
    or pit bull dogs.

2. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

From BSL-Updates:

In light of the recent proposal of a bill in the Tennessee Senate that would make pit bull ownership a Class A Misdemeanor and recently proposed pit bull bans, the incredible Karen Delise did some research and come up with this great information:

I was going over the fatal attacks in Tennessee last night, and came up with some very interesting facts.

If Pit bulls are uniquely dangerous and have the ability to inflict injuries unlike other dogs (See MTSA ordinance and outrageous descriptions of Pit bull abilities) - Then how does Tommy Kilby, Rockford and the MTSA ordinance explain the following facts about fatal attacks in Tennessee.

There have been 21 fatal attacks in Tennessee (over the past 43 years), by ten different breeds of dogs.

PIT BULLS ARE NOT THE BREED INVOLVED IN THE MOST FATAL ATTACKS in Tennesse.

-Another breed has been implicated in 5 fatal attacks in Tennessee

-Still another breed has been implicated in 4 fatal attacks in Tennessee

-Pit bulls and pit bull mixes have been implicated in 4 fatal attacks in Tennessee

-Another breed has been implicated in 3 fatal attacks in Tennessee.

-Four other 4 other breeds/types of dogs were involved in the remaining cases of fatal attacks in TN.

Also, for those in Rockford, please note:

There has only been one fatal dog attack in Rockford, Tennessee - and it was not by a Pit bull, pit bull type dog or any type of "bully" breed.

I have purposely not mentioned the other breeds, because the breeds have changed over the last 43 years and are a simply a reflection of their popularity among substandard and abusive/negligent owners.

All this information can be referenced and is documented. Please use as needed.

Best of luck,
    Karen
    www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com

I can't encourage everyone enough to please utilize all the information available from the National Canine Research Council (www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com) in your fight against breed specific legislation. This is THE source for the most accurate statistics!

3. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

permission to foward!

From Jan Cooper:

Senate Bill 2738 has just been assigned to the Senate Judicial Committee.

A campaign has just been placed up at
    www.paws4laws.com
    so that you may draft a polite, professional letter or email to the members of this committee in the hopes that through education we can kill this bill now and prevent the committee members from passing the bill.

Please remember when you are at paws4laws.com that the software permits to you edit the subject/the leading paragraph and any talking point, plus add your own.
    We need YOU to join in and get letters/faxes and emails sent NOW.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

That paws4laws site is a great help. It lets me put all my thoughts together and send it out to everybody at once. And the talking points for those who don't know what to say are a good idea.

5. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

the state of tennessee can go f*ck themselves. tennessee jed yall.

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

WOw this is unbelievible!!! I hope this does not pass I will send an email...

7. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

woah woah woah! I live in TN this is NOT GOOD!

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Okay, here's what came across the BSL list today:

And

9. crawfish407

crawfish407 Banned

Wow. Just goes to show this crap can happen anywhere, anytime. Just takes one asshole. I was looking for land in TN. Maybe I'll try somewhere else. This sucks, it's purty up there. Anybody know anything about North Alabama?