1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ban All Pitbulls In Canada Now!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Dano, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Dano

Dano Big Dog

The hot topic in the news about pit bulls is that the Ontario government is thinking of putting a permanent ban on pit bulls.This should be a cross-Canada decision.

Banning the pit bull is a start. If we don't start somewhere the problem will just keep building until many more children, people and smaller dogs are maimed. To me, allowing people to own them is no different than handing them a loaded gun. Somebody's going to get hurt. Somebody's going to get killed.

Suzanne Berton

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  2. I think that it is awful that canada would single out like that. okay being that they have safety at hand, lets outlaw cars, trucks, trains, planes, guns, electricity, water, especially tobacco and alcohol, hell let's ban food, because of obesity problems in people. we will just sit naked and do nothing in the dark. they need to just crucify the people who own the mean dogs, not the dogs, they are just follwoing what they were taught, hitler's followers said that and got clemency and exemptions on war crimes. but then again what ever legislature does this including states and cities in the ole usa, are very naive!! land of the free, home of the brave, I say bull shit!! we can change all of this in every election!!! everyone legally able to vote should do so with caution as to not vote idiot people in office.

3. I bet suzanne has unprotected sex, that is just as unsafe as well.

4. buddylee04

buddylee04 Banned

i hate people like her

5. Dano

Dano Big Dog

I have been fighting the Ban in Ontario since October and they are at least making an effort to listen with public meetings. But yet again they could just be blowing smoke up all our asses. As fo the lady in the original post Suzanne, she only speaks for herself , I have heard nothing for anyone else!!!! which is a good thing. I agree with the Canadian government on one thing we need to do something , but banning these dogs ....no no the answer. Shut down the BYB and jail terms for irresponsible owners and animal cruelty case should have harsher penalties. DON"T BAN they are trying to hard to be elected for another term. But they are only digging their hole bigger. Canada is a free country as well. Well it's not free if we responsible owners can't own our breed of choice.

They are turning into Hitler's Army again. Just with Dog this time!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005
  6. Steve

Steve Guest

This is exactly the kind of ignorance that the Attorney General is showing. Banning Pit Bulls is not the answer. Do I think Pit Bulls are not viscious? No, I don't. They can be. Too many ignorant people have cause too many problems for this breed. If a family wants to go out and buy a family pet, DON'T GET A PIT BULL!!!! Get a friggin' poodle. Pit Bulls should ONLY be owned by RESPONSIBLE people. I feel that Pit Bulls owners should have to be trained in dealing with these dogs, they should be held responsible for their dog's actions, they should be limited to owning only 1 dog, and there should be a law making muzzles mandatory on ALL DOGS in public. Pit Bulls can be great dogs, but owning one is not like owning any other dog. There is A LOT to know about them and their behaviour. But once again, a ban is NOT the answer.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Glad I don't live in Canada anymore

Suzanne, of the original post, you should not own or be permitted to even be in the vicinity of any dog, of any breed. Your ignorance is astounding. You are a menace to yourself and everyone around you. The fact that you have posted your utterly ill informed, ridiculous, blasphemous comment on this site serves to only remove all doubts regarding the inferiority of your inherited gene pool. Have considered sterlization????? One would not want to see an individual such as yourself propagated all over the planet.

I own a pit bull cross, a German Shepherd and have owned a Dachsund, 4 Basset Hounds, several mixes and the only dog who showed any agression towards humans was one of the adopted Basset Hounds!!!! This was soon remediated with correct training and socilaizing.

8. Dont you realize if you ban pittbulls bad dog owners unlike myself will just find a new breed to mishandle and mis train.Ex rottweilers,doberman pinchers,bull mastiff,the list goes on.Punish the bad owners not the good ones.most people dont know but there are some more aggresive dogs than pits dalmation,and chows to name a couple.its just more people own pit bulls.

9. Suzanne have you ever been around a pittbull?

10. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

spoken like a true not so ignorant but still ignorant person.....lol steve, do some research, the poodle scores less than the pit or staff in temperament testing, and they bite a heck of alot more people, i have 2 small kids and i would never have a poodle or a chihuahua. i am also a groomer and have been for 10 plus years, i HAVE NEVER been bitten by a pit, but i have been bitten by hundreds of poodles and all other small breed dogs, to me, they are the dangerous ones.