1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bald spot on top of his head! gettin old?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Buck E. Owens, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Just kidding.....

Okay i got my boy Boris, Hes 5, has this bald spot on his head from what i can figure it is just from rubbing, as its not spreading! , i have made smaller houses for the winter (to contain heat, along with when the Parvo scare went threw the yard also , total new houses all of them, )

But i think that they are a little short....cause Boris has this Bald spot on top of his head that has hairs trying to regro, but verry slowly, and he has that i call it a"hormone patch on his tail too. its not mange or any of that shit, but i wanted to know will this help it grow back full and not patchy, faster, or quicker?

http://sites.google.com/site/americantimesproject/misc

............See very bottom for Product..........

it is ONE POUND JARS OF CLASSIC SULFADINE for $25 DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE USA

This product contains only flowers of sulfur,sublime sulfur and petroleum jelly. All pharmaceutical grade.

should i try it or save the money and buy elsewhere ?

2. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Staffs are known to have these bald spots but only when "adolecents", its a hormone thing as they start to mature.
    Seen as your dog is older it probly aint the same thing though

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

He always had a thin patchy hair 4'' down the tail from rump, but thats the hormone patch i call it that anyway! but on top or the head, would that cream work well for rub spots? or am i wasting my money! i put polysporine on it but it takes a while for the hair to regro, so i have him in the shot till it regrows and i'm gonna build a larger house for him, but does that sulfate solution help enough to warrant $30-$40 buck spent on shipping and crap.
    :confused:

4. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

The sulfadine ointment you mentioned will work. Nu-Stock will work also. If you can get some sulfur, pine oil, and mineral oil, you can make your own ointment.

5. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

lol rogan for men maybe? j/k idk wish i could help

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thanks Brother!;)

7. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

One of my males has a bald spot on top of his head and it is from rubbing on the dog house and crate. At first I tried everything to fix it I thought it was a hot spot but then I was watching him and the way he lays down his head rubs! lol
    I bet it's the same thing.
    I have tried Nu stock which normally works great but because he keeps rubbing it I gave up.

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

If it is a fungi the Sulfur should rid of that eh? and i'm going to buy some Nu Stock and build him a bit bigger house, taller by 3'' anyway!,

but i think it showed up when I loaded the houses with staw for the winter, I have a mud flap under there bedding to keep the heat in better. Its actually arena floor mat, when they re=did the arena. (cow mat ) pretty much. But once the spots there the rest of the new hair is hard to keep growing if it still rubs.

So they are more cramped than the house was probable intended to be, but never had a problem with frost-bite or element related problems.

9. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

[​IMG]
    My girl (white) next to a blue mutt :D but she had that "spot" around 4 months old until maybe early 6 months the vet gave me this to apply twice a day and it quickly went away.
    [​IMG]
    The reason it took that long to recover was it first started off slow and then gradually became that big and pink with like a scab after a while. So with the herbal solution it maybe went fully away in 2-3 weeks. I would recommend it :) I thought it was a hot spot but my vet said it was not? oh well as long as it had healed with the solution.

10. redbill

redbill Big Dog

thought this was demodectic mange passed from parents. staffords are prone to it. i had a litter recently and a few pups showed signs of it. i did a little reading up on it, seems young dogs when on cutting their teeth flairs it up , low immune system and stress can bring it on. some will just come right with no treatment and others dont.
    i give my keeper ivomec and its cleared it up quick.
    ""Demodectic mange, also called "demodicosis," is caused by a microscopic mite of the Demodex genus. Three species of Demodex mites have been identified in dogs: Demodex canis, Demodex gatoi, and Demodex injai. The most common mite of demodectic mange is Demodex canis. All dogs raised normally by their mothers possess this mite as mites are transferred from mother to pup via cuddling during the first few days of life. Most dogs live in harmony with their mites, never suffering any consequences from being parasitized. If, however, conditions change to upset the natural equilibrium (such as some kind of suppression of the dog's immune system), the Demodex mites may "gain the upper hand." The mites proliferate and can cause serious skin disease.""

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

a buddie thought ringworm but it never spread or got flaky just balded lol
    and it is growing i see fuzz coming back now that he stays in the shop on A CHAIN AND BLANKET INSTEAD OF THE SHORT DOG HOUSE!

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i picked up this Blue anti -ungal spray and wound dressing , I'll give it a try anyway couldn't hurt. and my feed store didn't have Nu Stock? so that'ss why i got that blue stuff. and they sell sulfur bags in 6lbs bags and that's crazy , i don't need that much, its only $15, i guess but wow what do you do with the rest?,

but also anyone know the mix ratio to sulfur to mix as a whole body dip (head down, except for certain spots, suppose to cure a lot of problems skin wise) this is just Powdered Yellow Sulfur in a bag.