1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

badger trial dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by blanch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. chingrip

chingrip Pup

sampson1 and buck e owens,the two of you gentlemen need to stop talking shit.you woudnt know a gamedog if it bit you in the arse and you both know sweet fuck all about badgers .ive seen dogs that would fight other dogs to the death but wouldnt stick there head into a fuckin mouse in the dark let alone go up 30 feet and engage a fighting badger.stick to watching your pitbulls swing off trees:D:D:D

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

now that you have said that chingrip.....not a bad thought.....i was thinking if a box dog....say its a champ..only had goes at dogs..then saw male badger(sex not important,its an example).....wondering how it would get on....ive seen gamedogs shy away from cats first time seeing them ffs....like they thinking.."what the fuck is that"....could perhaps one do the same or go half heartedly into a badger......i think theres a chance it could....

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

damn, didn't see that one comming.....lol

4. AGK

Not you peppapig, chingrips responce...

5. bendover

bendover Banned

look back into the history of the dogs. badgers were used many many years back to test a dog. many of the fellas that worked dogs at the trials would tell you what sort of punishment a European badger can dish out and ill tell you something else, once a badger has being dug and released a few times he is a different kettle of fish to a fresh one. he knows whats coming at him and will rush at a dog and dish out a bit.
    a comment was made earlier that a patterdale could kill a badger. what a load of shit that is. you yanks live in cloud cuckoo land. patterdale kill a badger hahahaha ive herd it all now.

6. peppapig

peppapig Banned

great film maker you are bendover.....im a great fan of yours....have all your dvds....:D:D;)

7. bendover

bendover Banned

good man and keep it up:p

8. Hairy Kelly

Hairy Kelly Banned

i was thinking the same,:cool:

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

who's this douchbag, fresh meat eh...:rolleyes:

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

you must also have a relative of this wise and fearless badger, eh. that they bred to make more pitbull eating badgers eh!:D

11. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

european badgers are tough creatures but a good dog will handle it imo.
    dachshunds used to do the job if bred right.

12. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

[​IMG]
    I wouldn't stick my finger lol

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Where does al this "yanks" BS come from? Sounds to me like these euro queers need to go into breeding and raising badgers instead of dogs since they're on these badgers nuts so bad.

14. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I just saw a picture on this forum where an 11 month old bulldog caught a 960 lbs hog and these guys are on here talkin about a 40 lbs badger:rolleyes:

15. milesaway

milesaway Pup

Been following this thread with interest, but it looks like most guys who have commented on this topic know jack shit about working the brock with dogs. Im not saying a decent pit wouldnt manage a brock, but it would have tobe a decent one, not the game petbulls im guessing alot of the guys who have posted here saying a pit will destroy a brock. Fair enough if you have working dogs and know what your talking about...but when you sit at home with your petbull with its nice ped that means jack shit and all its used for is chasing balls and prancing around conformation shows you wouldnt have a clue. Theres decent bred dogs that wouldnt entertain a brock but would work like hell against another dog. Reading threw some posts there are some guys who seem to know what they are talking about, mostly guys from Uk and Ireland.
    Ive seen dogs ripped wide open when meeting the brock, jaws ripped off etc. Seen Pits destroy Brocks and seen Pits turn away wanting nothing to do with them. Never seen a Pat kill one either in over 20 years seen them corner and hold them taking damage while doing it, until the brock was drawn out by a larger dog..Stafford..Pit..Lurcher...some brocks who have meet dogs before will stand their ground and take the fight to the dog usually under ground many a good terrier has been lost that way.

So all this talk from guys saying a Pit will destroy a badger, is true like i said earlier in my post but it has to be decent worker. Just something to ask all the yankee boys who have slated the european lads on this thread, how many of you guys would put their own Pit up against a brock, because im guessing you wouldnt...but im thinking your going to say you would just to prove me wrong...:D

16. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

I think it takes a rough courageous dog to routinely go after badger, but I know from first hand account, I have a dog that has taken several badger in their holes, but I dont think she would last very long in the box. I also know a guy that had a mutt that is a badger killer. I think some badger dogs may be game, but taking a badger I dont think PROVES deep gameness.

17. popper

popper CH Dog

I LOVE EASTERN European women..... exspecially Russian women

18. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

i havent had much to say on this thread because we dont have badgers over here in oz. ive hunted pretty much everything we have over here including our national emblem, and sat down and ate it that night. ive also been lucky enough to put my dogs into a few animals from overseas too due my dads old job. ive lost alot of dogs and ive kept a few dogs.

get this hypothetical bullshit out of the way, a Apbt would get stuck down with the badger in his terrain, so as what you guys are calling a "game test" would have to be done above ground and not under. any decent bulldog with a bit of blood under his belt would whoop ANY badger it would just be a matter of experience, a badgers body is not the same as a conditioned bulldogs so throwing a fresh Bulldog thats never seen a hunt wouldnt know what to do with itself, you shouldnt expect him too if your worth any salt as a hunter. A six foot tall red Kangaroo isnt that mean a creature with a seasoned hunting bulldog but let me tell you this, you throw a fresh bulldog into one without him knowing what to expect, chances are he will get torn to from asshole to breakfast and there wouldnt be enough stitches in the world to hold it all in.
    now if you work that same fresh dog with a couple of other working dogs with experience he will learn more from watching those other dogs and helping them in one hunt , than he would learn in ten on his own, they have the brains they juast have to learn how to use them. all hunting with dogs is the same and i would think you guys wouldnt be using a single dog to hunt badgers anyways youd at least be on two, one to bail em up or out one to take it down. if you done it for money youd be using four dogs coz fours dogs is better than two and less dog means more injuries means less money.

now back to you little hypothetical that has dragged out into 87 pages of dribble because some of you guys from the old country want to measure your dicks angainst the Yanks and vice versa, i would happily say that any bulldog ive ever had for hunting and nothing else with a little bit of experience would beat a badger if worked up to it, i wouldnt be dumb enough to get the biggest boar badger into it straight away but if i could work two or three of different sizes up to the big one im sure that any dog ive owned that has put food on my table would dipatch of that badger one way or another. ive got a bit of faith in my dogs and without them a couple of times in the bush i wouldve been fucked. put yourself in that situation and see how much faith youve got in em then or maybee you should get someone else to train your dogs properly.

19. AGK

Awwww look at them lil guys....lol..... WTF are those going to do agince these:

[​IMG]

By the way, this one aint zoomed in on.....

20. redbill

redbill Big Dog

them dachshunds were used to hunt badger yes but not one of them would kill one. they are trail and bay dogs, go in and yap at the badger.
    there's being some interesting reading in this thread and also allot of bullshit mostly by people who obviously have had no experience with dog on badger.
    now if you put an experienced pit on a badger when its out in a field you would expect him to kill the badger ( jesus there's plenty of lurchers out there that kill them so a pit with one on top should if he is any good.) a badger in his sett isnt such an easy task. many a terrier has met his maker when confronted with them. some dogs will work them but there's plenty that wont.
    gameness.... there's only one true way to test that and thats in the square.
    @AGK
    that dog has a fine set of ivory.