1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

-Backyard Dog Run Plans & Ideas-

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

-Backyard Dog Run Plans & Ideas-

so im moving to my place on sunday, landlord knows about the dogs & everythings cool. i can only bring one with me right now until i have the backyard hooked up which may be a few weeks depending on budget.

i plan on fixing the fences (as the neighbors little dog gets through the hole in the backyard) which we all know, aint good lol. \
    i also plan on building a decent dog run so i can keep the 2 seperated when im not home.

my question is, does anybody have "do it yourself" plans on what materials to use on posts, fencing and a gate? i have kennel panels that could possibly be used, but it seems tacky & half ass'd. but keep in mind i blew most my money moving in, so things are pretty tight.

im also open to any ideas of what to use on the ground, as we all know grass doesnt typically last too long, and know body wants dirt storms N the summer and mud holes in the winter.
    i was thinking pea pebble would be good, but may get pretty hot n hard on the dogs feet in the summer, so suggestions on that would also be appreciated.

and if folks have any pics to post of theyre (or someone else's) dog runs, feel free to post em as im still open to other designs & ideas.

i appreciate it guys!

[​IMG]

2. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

Re: -Backyard Dog Run Plans & Ideas-

Looks great, but I would go with woodchips over pea gravel. small initial investment, The gravel holds more urine smell, and the woodchips are much easier to remove which seems ideal in a rental situation

3. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would be expensive, but I've always thought something like these ^^^^ would be great for in town with just one or two dogs. They'd blend right in and they look nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
  4. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

[​IMG]This looks pretty nice [​IMG]

5. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

those are gnarly indeed I might consider something just like that for when I leave out of town and on vacation. That would blend right in with my house/neighborhood :D

6. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Wow, a wendy house for dogs, I wonder if the attic is converted??? LOL

7. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Those are cool

8. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Congrats on the new spot. You think about a cable set up?

9. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

T-posts and hog panels make a cheap sturdy fence. goes up fast, and the panels could always be reused later on another project.

10. Sydney

Sydney Big Dog

Really those dogs set ups are nice but they look really expensive. We just got two 10x10x6 9ga chainlink kennels, and plan to build a deck on cinderblocks underneath them and slanted roof on top to keep out the elements...

Here is my friends set up for her bulldog kennel...we are shooting for somehting similar to this....minus all the fence around it. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thanks guys, those are nice kennels but i have a few of those already, i think i may go with your advice on the chicken wire and maybe use 4x4's as posts.

12. Re: -Backyard Dog Run Plans & Ideas-

look nice but my dogs would eat right through that !! & shit it out ! lol :D

13. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Hog Panels not Chickenwire laced lmao...

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

lol same difference, you know what i mean lol

15. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Big difference Son big one lol

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

just looked up the price for hog panel, shits expensive lol

17. Sydney

Sydney Big Dog

Im confused I thought you said you were looking for kenneling ideas...are you looking for fencing ideas?

18. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

Kennel runs scare the beegeezuz outta me...:eek: with some dogs
    If the dogs you have, are quiet natured, don't get rattled and get along well with each other, then a basic chain link or hog panel will suffice, but if you have a dog/dogs that are not always so perfect, (with a little dog next door)then....
    good jumpers need a secure top,
    good diggers require a solid base,
    dogs that quarrel need a solid divider, or a gap between them
    ....and dogs that are all these, smart and determined need a chain...lol

*Especially if someone is not home 24/7

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I'm already knowin, thanks for the advice crimson.

20. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Sydney, that is just what i am looking for! Great set up.

I have two chain spots and a cable run, borrowing a cage run atm as Grace is in heat. I would NEVER leave Stage on the cable when i leave home as hes just a houdini, and grace is on a chain in the run, im so OTT with them getting loose.