1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Average Size?

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by rikjd, May 19, 2010.

1. rikjd

rikjd Pup

Just kinda wondering what the average size is for staffies, i have looked on KC sites etc but that seems more to do with show dogs as the majority i have seen are quite a bit taller and heavier. Being in the UK i am also curious as to if this has affected anyone, with the current farce of a law that is the DDA.

2. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

I would say for the working type about 17 to 18inch and 30 to 40 pounds.But for the show Ive seen 13 to 16 but they still try to keep the the std weight.You do get them smaller and larger but these are the size's you see the most.

3. rikjd

rikjd Pup

Ok, so has anyone on here ever had problems with regards to the DDA if they have working dogs? I have a bitch who is 17inch and just under 40 pounds, so im kinda worried about being pulled up and questioned as the law is very obtuse and the police can argue against you on so many grounds its almost impossible to win. I know im sounding a bit of a soft ass for worrying but i dont wanna spend months getting my dog to perfect condition then have her took off me lol

4. Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog Big Dog

I doubt it mate. Unless your getting yourself or your dog into trouble I don't think you've got much to worry about.

5. get a woman to walk it at night..........no bother, lol!

6. bandog billy

bandog billy Big Dog

if you got a staffy bitch at 40 lbs shes too fat,or you got a pitbull.

7. rikjd

rikjd Pup

what would you say? I dont think shes either i think is just a bit big lol [​IMG][​IMG]

8. get the gayest outfit you can and put it on the dog. People judge the owner not the dog. If my old lady or kids walk him in the day its no problem. I take him out at midnight or when its pissing down. Pink diamond collar and tartan dog coat! We look very camp and dont get bothered! :D

9. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

really nice staffy!!:)

10. rikjd

rikjd Pup

Haha ye i may just get a pink collar and start wearing some tight t shirts etc i think itll be a struggle walking through the park in pumps and skinny jeans however.....

Thanks for the compliment blackbisquit :)

11. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

nice bitch rikjd but dont forget the red lipstick and nail polish