1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Avants/Castillo bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by carson3535, Sep 23, 2004.

1. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

avants/castillo blood lines

Was wondering if anyone knew any back ground information on Avants bloodline and Castillo

blood line. And just to get peoples thought on those blood lines. And what there bred for.

Which one is better and where can I find back ground information on them.

And what were they bred for, some say dog shows others say weight pulling?

2. Luetya

Luetya Pup

Re: avants/castillo blood lines

I don't know anything about Avants but my baby is Castillo. They are UKC show bloodlines. I don't know everything that went into making the kennels but I know some of it was Lar-San. They are chocolate dogs that tend to be on the larger side but are still conformationally correct. No over done heads or chests like you see in Razors Edge. Clyde is a year and 9 months. He's 59 lbs without being conditioned. If we did he'd be slightly over the 60 lbs but the standard allows for that as long as it's proportionate.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

There is a guy in Dallas, Tx that works with the Avant line. I'll try to find the link for you so you can maybe talk to him. I personally don't care for the avant line, because they are too big. Good luck with your research!

4. leo8978

leo8978 Pup

Luetya is right. Castillo is a UKC show line from out West. They do tend to produce bigger dogs, but like Luetya said they are very correct. The line is very consistent. The 2 dogs in my gallery are Castillo. I am a big fan of the line. I have 3 Castillo females right now. Storm (pic in gallery) just had her first litter of 8. If you'd like to see her pups click on this link http://millenniumpits.com/puppies.html. Avant produces some nice dogs, but from what I hear that line has a huge problem with mange. Not trying to bash just want people to be informed. I beleive it is mostly the dogs off of a dog called Moose.

5. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

there are a lot of castillo around here. mostly show type dogs though some are pulling. most i've seen are around the 75 pound range and a majority of them have a ofrn color to them. never sen any full avants blood. their always mixed in with other lines and alot of blues from what i've come across.

6. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I have 2 Castillo dogs as well. They are red nosed females. I got the 6 generation pedigree done on them and they have a lot of show and weight pulling titles. They are just under 60 lbs. But not over sized like the other person said. Nice heads, not too big, normal looking dogs. One of my females is very dog aggressive and the other is really sweet. Not that she likes all dogs, but gets along with most. Her sister, all you have to do is look at her wrong and it is on. I really have to watch her around other animals. Haven't heard of the other line.

7. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i have a castillo dog as well britney has castillos red alexis 3 times in her ped. and castillo's satin lace. i like alexis shes a perdy girl. britney is good at weight pull her first show she pulled 3,900 lbs. and she's o.k for conformation she has a bit a loose lips thing and a straight hock but other than that shes a beauty.

8. I also have a Castillo breed dog (Dusty) he is huge!! He has no drive and not to talk down about my own dog but he is not the brightest (not saying all Castillo dogs are this way ) but in my experience they are not really good for anything but UKC shows JMO

9. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

castillo i've seen big ones

10. diggit

diggit Banned

i had a fool challege me to a "match" on that forum..... LMAO i have never seen anyone that ----- you know---- .

i wouldnt even bother just a bunch of in the closet blue dog lovers and puppy peddlers.