1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Attacked

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by truegames, Feb 22, 2007.

1. truegames

truegames Big Dog

I came home today and one of my males had been attacked by something the left side of his face was so swollen I couldn't see his eye and he had some serious cuts accross the top of his head I took him to the emergency vet and they said they were going to stitch him up and do some xrays they seem to think he may have a fractured skull. I don't know what could do this kind of damage to this dog there's no teeth marks or anything just serious cuts and severe swelling.

2. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

OMG....sorry to hear that...do you thing someone could have hit him with something? Like a meter reader or a neighbor?

3. WWII

WWII Banned

yeah, I was gonna ask if you have problems with somebody around you. You would definately be able to tell if it was another animal.

4. Bailey

Bailey Pup

There aren't any markings at all? Maybe u got a crazy dog that was running his head into something. If you have no idea then how are we supposed to get one unless you're thinking he had a allergic reaction to something. Did u see throw up or any signs of anything unusual that he probably could've eaten? What about his poop? Could u find anything funny looking about it? I'm just taking wild guesses here, no expert opinion.

5. WWII

WWII Banned

You guys have mountain lions in Georgia? Could've got whacked by one's paw. That would explain the cuts (via claws).

6. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

They're can show up anywhere in the Southeast, but not common at all. Could be a black bear? They're more common.

7. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

that still wouldent explain the deep cuts and being swolen only on one side....thats a strange one...i have no idea

8. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

Did he get his head stuck under a chain link fence ?this happend to my moms retarded husky once and she was pretty messed up.Someone else said omething about an allergic reaction that could be the culprit with the scrathes being caused by the dog scratchin himself to get rid of whatever stung/bit him.

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Was the dog on a chain? sounds like it got hit by a car, we do have big cats and black bear around here though.

10. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

Folks, invest the money into video surveilence. The increase in technology makes it affordable these days. I monitor my house while I am at work. I am a computer engineer and I have at least one PC in front of me all day, and a good number of us do. I understand that not all of us do. I will lend my services on the computer end the best I can. Stuff like this makes me uneasy and I don't trust anybody. These days all it takes is some a$$hole who, in their minds, think they are doing the community a favor by hurting our dogs, or a jackass who is drunk and antogonizes the dogs and gets what he or she deserves.

It seems to me that we are seeing this kind-of stuff more and more. Especially theft. I hope and pray for your dogs full recovery. It would eat me alive to find out somebody attacked my dog on my own property, or to see my dog out smart me and get loose all the time. Gotta catch those houdinis' in the act.

I know we don't actually know what happened, but isn't that the problem?

11. truegames

truegames Big Dog

He was chained in the yard at the edge of the woods I don't think anyone hit him there's no one around here except the old man that runs the saw mill next door and he's always been a real good friend of the family. Im starting to think it was a bear there have been a few reported in the area and a 400lb black bear was ran over about 4 miles from here about a year ago I guess it's time to set some traps and see what I can catch.

12. WWII

WWII Banned

How do you hit a 400lb bear. lol... I actually knew a girl that hit a horse though. Can you imagine having that conversation with your parents?

girl crying: "Dad...."
    dad: "yes hon.."
    girl crying: "I just hit a horse."
    dad: "were you drinking?"
    girl crying: "no, i swear...."

13. Marty

Marty Guest

Back in the 70s I saw signs of black bear in Ga so I know their here ;)

Good luck in catching it :D

14. Bailey

Bailey Pup

Ur right, I completely ignored that part. I really don't know what to suggest being that there's not much to go off of.

I do think everyone should invest in a video camera. Radioshack has some as low as $70 here.

15. Attila

Attila Guest

we have bears and cougars (mountain Lions) here and I had some on my property in East Tennessee so I would assume that they could very well be in Georgia too. There are more than one thinks. They just don't like human company. Too bad your so far away. I would love to hunt either of those creatures down for you. I hate the cat and love eating the bear.

16. Could it be possible that the bear placed a bite on the head of the dog while the dog trys to attack? Would explain the hurt head-bone...a batcher would do that but a bear is much bigger...

17. Attila

Attila Guest

well if a bear was caught off guard by the dog and just swatted it. That is enough to cause a crack in the skull. They are bad powerful and them claws are very tough and sharp. Look at what they do when they mark tree's. Shit. Wolverines can mess a dog up fast too as well as a big ugly cat. Badgers are smaller but are strong none the least and can do some major damage. They are good on the grill. A second swat from any of them and that dog may have been found cold and stiff.

18. Attila serious you nearly always make me laugh...is there ANYTHING out there what you dont put on a grill...? LOL ..you are realy a true part of mother nature the top-notch of the food list^^ Btw Badcher and wolverines are very closes members. You know wich animal can hurt a dog realy bad?...dont laugh ..Beavers! Jimbo get one 8 weeks ago in the marsh...and the next day his head looked like the head from a neo, swollen with big holes..cruel.

19. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

When i come out there this spring I am gonna have to make sure I ask what it is I am about to eat.....lol

20. Sounds to me like he was "hit" with something, most likely by "someone"....you said he ha a fractured skull? Takes a little bit of effort for that, and a couple of swings by someone, would do it.
    I would talking to neighbors......unless of course he was not contained and the possibility of being hit by a car (as already stated) would be a thought, but if not contained then, still could have been "someone".....