1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Artificial Insemination (AI) in the performance animal

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Tigerlines, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

What planet are you on?..........natural reproductions success is proven in every mammal on the planet,AI isnt...........post my words where i state non science based on theory is fact.

I dont have to give ANY evidence, YOU DO...................natural reproductions success is PROVEN, with SCIENCE........you and your position on AI dont have a shred of evidence...........so more logical fallacy from you as per usual.

2. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Still you post no evidence of Tesio's word being garbage,instead you post about me.......more ad hominem, as per usual.

3. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Having an interest in genetics does not make the man a scientist. The fact that you refer to his ramblings as scientific PROOF is PROOF in itself. B.W. Pickett, PhD, of Colorado State University IS a scientist, one with a great deal of experience where AI and horses are concerned. His article titled "Physiology and Philosophy of Breeding Horses" in the Journal of Veterinary Science might help you get up to speed.

Here's a quote from the article that I found online..... "For years many prominent horse breeders were vehemently opposed to utilization of AI within their breeds. Much opposition was out of fear and ignorance. Many believed that a) foals would be weakened and malformed; b) the procedure was against nature; c) mares would become sterile; d) offspring would be degenerate; e) sex ratio would be altered; f) there would be semen mix-ups; g) diseases would be spread; h) inbreeding would occur, and many other erroneous wives' tales.

"Actually, none of these things has occurred with any more frequency than observed with natural service. In fact, AI often provides a better solution to problems expressed by these fears than natural service."

It's clear that this topic is near and dear to your heart.... and that for whatever reason you've tasked yourself with protecting Federico Tesio's honor and legacy from skeptics. However.... for all of our sakes please stop referring to the man as a scientist, and his out dated hypothesis as scientific proof. The man was WRONG Tigerlines......it's just that simple.... and you... pardon the pun are beating the HELL... of THIS dead horse. Take the time to educate yourself.... perhaps try a little AI of your own. It isn't difficult.... and a little real world experience might give you some credibility. :)

4. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Twisting things again, Tigerlies. I haven't defended AI. We have ALL asked you to prove your point against it, and you evade that, and still try to twist things to put it on everyone else. You're attempts to manipulate and change the issues are weak, feeble and getting old. I think enough is enough of your insulting people's intelligence, knowledge and experience so far beyond yours you can't fathom it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  5. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Really?....a scientist is a person who is studying or has expert knowledge of one or more of the natural or physical sciences,Tesio studied biology and genetics in the theoretical world, and the real word,........performance is proof in the real word....letters after your name doesnt mae your science any more real or true, yet both B.W Pickett and Tesio would agree that natural reproduction is scientifically proven as PROOF.......still waiting for YOURS.

Your article quote is a clear logical fallacy......that knocks down its own strawmen,.........the only thing im defending is is tradition.....its like a company insisting i prove normal food is better than GMO or sprayed up altered food, its illogical..........i dont know the effects of AI......their isnt enough study on it.........i have no dogmatic position..........it seems those who wish to rubbish talk tesio and defend AI without evidence are clearly dogmatic based on their own opinion..........i dont care who uses AI and have no interest in telling anyone what breeding methods they must you.........im not interested in playing online mentor..........just having an adult discussion on AI in performance animals as a matter of enquiry

6. JayW

JayW Big Dog

And there you have it..... well done TDK. He is unwilling or unable to defend his position..... "deep behind enemy lines."lol

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I pray for the day your mama confesses to you that you were an AI baby. While just a little joke as relief, wouldn't it provide some poetic justice? LMAO

8. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Youve done nowt but twist in every post.......you cant post me twist anything by qoute.......I dont have a point against AI.....the greatest performance breeder of all time did.......i dont know its effects.......i have an enquiry............a statement was made that it would be interesting to see AI's effect relative to the ROM list in performance dogs........that comment was removed by moderators.......who advised to start a new thread that could lead to good discussion on the topic,.......so a thread was started and quickly filled with irrelevant of topic ad hominem as this thread has descended into..............i dont no how i can be clearer by stating i dont care who uses AI and have no interest in telling anyone what breeding methods to use..........only discuss the topic whether AI has proven the equal or superior in the performance animal, in one aspect it has in the Quater horse........yet no one has raised that point or discussed it as their too interested in waffling their opinion that nothings wrong with AI with no evidence............i and i must disprove their case......which is illogical nonsense.

9. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Online ad hominem's your level.........didnt know a mod needs his hand held by you.

10. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Lol...Can't believe I missed that one. :)

11. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Tigerlines..... if you were simply playing the devils advocate for the sake of discussion I certainly couldn't tell it.... but if that's the case.... you have my sincerest apology.

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

here it is and sai was right it's really fishy . it's not baiting it's performance and production your asking and if you live in england you sure are up late at 6 hours earlier than north east US and 7 hour south east US . that would be 2-3 AM YOUR TIME .

so we can all see their performance and production in REALITY

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL Tigerlies, I'm at the point now that I'm almost willing to say go ahead and justify by any irrational and false means you think you need to. When so many have asked you and asked you for proof of what you have so vehemently backed (Devil's advocate, my ass) as you always have with one author or another, and you evade any proving of what you claim and have read, without ANY evidence even related to proof, and merely begin trying to twist the crux and put it onto others, then you merely expose the falseness of your image you so badly want to project.
    This has always been your style, even under your other handle which got banned many months ago. You claim false credential of authors of such unproven theories, and begin to try to beat us to death with false logic and a flimsy approach.

I don't need my hand held, Tiger. Does it appear that way throughout the entire board where I post? Being a mod has absolutely nothing to do with it. That's your straw grabbing. Infantile desperation on your part. I do like corroborated knowledge when someone is trying to present false matter to others, and even brow beat them with it, square in the face of them telling you they know better. That's just agitation and has every earmark of one who wants to make clatter yet has no experience of note or in reality to do so. JayW eloquates quite well and speaks as himself. Have you noticed that as something you can't seem to do? Most of us have.

Can you not get attention otherwise? Can you not discuss these dogs with others without lone wolf and over aggressive presentation? Can you not stand to discuss COMMON FACTS with others who know what they are? These acts show nothing more than some imbalance in your make up. I'm sorry for you for that. It's a sign of debauchery within one when they must force themselves at others in such a way. Is there none of YOURSELF and what you have and have done to share instead of this social lechery?

In layman's terms, your shit has gotten old and tired. If your behavior is compulsive, I am sorry. If you simply feel the need to disguise your social inadequacies, I am sorry for that, too. If your sense of accomplishments is nil, and this is your proposed yet boorish sense of belonging, then again, I am sorry for you. Engaging someone's fantasia is not my forte...............but noticing it is.

14. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

No probs its all online banter

15. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

More ad homine,......youve only proven you can read the time........a child can do that., even an animal.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

How bout one that's AI bred? Probably not, huh? LMAO

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

your the 1 baiting people for info about the ROM list and to show their dogs performance and production . i'm with TDK chicken on a chain or a twin or worse .

18. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Read slowly, my position is natural selection.........scientifically proven.....its proof is all around you.

AI has none,and neither do you, to ask me to defend my position with proof,when you have none is a logical fallacy ,and you still havent provided evidence for the garbage you claimed in Tesio's words

When was i banned and for what?

19. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

The thread topic isnt old goats involvement in ROM dogs of which you have none,nor is it present ROM dogs, nor has anyone asked for present ROM dogs or past ROM dogs....of course your with TDK your wish to hold his hand or is it play chicken on a chain ?

20. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

back tomorrow.