1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Are the Dog Whisperer's methods safe?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Vicki, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I shipped him one! LMFAO! Never seen it appear on an episode though! lol

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

lol,that's funny.

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I thought so, too! lol

4. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

This is what happens when you put a few Pitbulls together and you don't know anything about the dogs.You would think that someone there would have a break stick.

5. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

I trust Cesar millan's methods all the way and use what I feel is most necessary to communicate with my dogs using little to no words. I do have red zone dogs though and they tend to be my favorites and the ones I keep lol

6. blanch

blanch Big Dog

I like the way he dehumanises dogs,that alone is a good thing.

you see on a lot of episodes the main problem is some middle aged woman treating the dog like a baby that has no idea what it's doing.

7. bigben

bigben Pup

I would like to see Cesar rehabilitate a true game dog trained for fights. Can't imagine what will happen once he bring the game dog into "his" pack.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I think he is not good for the breed,gives people the wrong ideas on how to handle a APBT. That dog Buddy should of had his brains splattered all over then two lezi's front yard and on the show it was mentioned at least in passing about how the dog was probably that way because someone was trying to make a fighting dog out of him. Sure, a human aggressive dog that wouldn't hit the other dog,real match dog material there,lol. I don't know how he is with other breeds and don't personally care,he is no good for this breed. Sure he can manage a "pack" of worthless curs,congrats Ceaser for that fine accomplishment,I'm sure if we found him some "real" bulldogs it would be different. I personally just wished he would fade off into obscurity and get off the TV. After while every fur mommy with a halfbreed APBT will think they're the next dog whisperer and get someone eat up. Then it will be our breed's fault.

9. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

I've been using and teaching wolf logic canine handling skills, long before I ever knew who Ceasar Millan was...

His methods are just as superior to all other canine training because its the same ideal roughly....

I know canines and psychology of dogs and people more than most and let me tell you the "dog whisperer" has hit the nail on the head with proper dog handling skills.
    NOT EVERYONE SHOULD OWN A BULLDOG ... PERIOD...

If you get a show on TV you'll sell out too and push what the media and lawmakers want you to mention or loose your air time........ Thats America..

if his methods don't work for you don't use em; I for one don't have any problem handling bulldogs with wolf logic and I put alot of newbs and greenhorns on his book. They work better than the K9 training methods I've seen, & used in the field and in training.

If you don't have confidence with two bulldogs loose then you don't.. If you can't make a difference with in the first few minutes by using these methods then they're simply not for you. Go back to your methods of direct hands on control. If your a seasoned dog man or woman his methods that are legit stand out to us because they work and we can see through the garb; the dogs have to be rehabilitated and the human needs trained........... simply the dog is a dog and the human is the master, don't expect a dog to be anything less than a dog. I don't live in fear so I don't know how to not make it work but I know that his methods don't work for people who have to much ego and people who have to little confidence, his methods are to condition the dog and train the human.. WHICH IMO most humans need, as every human is an expert and knows sht..

for those with high end bulldogs its all real simple; if you want them to work together you have to give them something to work on together; like 2 or 3 coyotes or more or letting two high end dogs go on a bear. TRUST ME they'll get the critter everytime as long as it promotes a bigger challenge than the dog next to em. That I used both K9 tactics and wolf logic to promote my dogs working together. HOWEVER constant vigilance is a necessity and if I drop my attention for the least bit, the dogs do as the dogs do.

Sadie has some high end dogs and can let them run together for a bit and knows just what Im talkin about. Im NOT promoting they live together openly in the home every dog has its crate, kennel, or chain spot HOWEVER they SHOULD know your master and how to be together in a working environment or a relaxed environment.

Most of you have used some of his methods using wolf logic as I've called it for 20yrs; ya'll have used them knowingly or unknowingly and a good deal of you talk sht cause it didn't work for you. I would imagine you lost yourself in your emotions which aren't rational or calm.

Opinions vary~

Find what works for your dog and what works for you; I'll use wolf logic handling dogs as long as their are dogs to be handled. We never stop learning .. enlightenment is around every corner..

if your calm and assertive and know bulldogs the methods by CM will work 90% of the time.. Bulldogs like to fight so sometimes they just like to fight, regardless of what you'd like em to do. Calmly break it up.. If my dogs get into it cause they break loose at night they will kill each other, I can wake up and step out half dead myself and let out a AHT; and my dogs will run up to me side by side bloody as fk and pleased as punch. They stopped because Im authority always in there mind. I'll pick em both up by scruff and run em into the tree and show em whos top dog in this yard. Fighting each other IS NOT tolerated and they know this at early days. The grown hammonds dog and chavis dog I got both understood my energy while everyone else had a handfull of problems with them and This is something the HUMAN has to do with HIS/HER dogs and time, get inside their head, wolf logic or dog whisperer methods are the best way to do this. JM 2 cents..

10. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

there are those "unfixable" dogs that are called REDZONE CASES lol which are my favorite. Ive got nothing but redzone cases on my yard. haha