1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by PREACHER, May 22, 2009.

1. cutt

cutt CH Dog

I know this off topic but come on...ghettofied... dunno bout that .. there wasnt 'nuff money to purchase stuff for the dogs like that in the ghetto I grew up in.(scott&reed)
    Weve had similar setups in the past... checked hardware faithfully and replaced when needed...many dogs later we have upgraded...

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Where I am from, you will spend alot more $$$$ on a huge chain like the one preacher uses than you would for lets say, thinner herc alloy or grade 45 - 70 Transport chain. (Especially if your only using what appears to be about a 5 - 7 foot chain, too short in my opinion but to each their own). I won't respond to this thread again for your right, my posts have nothing to do with Apple Cider Vinegar........;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  3. jampe69

jampe69 Pup

you must remember that picklejuice contains usually lots of sugar and other additives.. i recommended some vinegar..maybe applecider vinegar is best tasting for humans? i donĀ“t believe that any dog would mind if there is just a teaspoon regular vinegar on food..
    but nice tip thanks.

4. Stookie

Stookie Pup

you know I was always told you wait till a dog is pretty much grown befor putting any work into him (besides walking) because of a greater chance of messing up undeveloped kidneys:o

5. claymore

claymore Pup

Couldn't have said it better

6. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

ACV is good for dogs and their owners, but it's fat-burning properties are questionable at best. It certainly won't hurt to give it a try, but keep in mind it's just a supplement to a proper diet and ample exercise (And shouldn't even be a concern at his age).

P.S., http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/aboutgrading.htm Maybe try a smaller (1/4"), but higher-grade chain with better hardware. It'll be easier on your dog (Especially since he's so young, all that excess weight can break down his vertebrae) and your wallet, since you won't be replacing the hardware all the time ;)

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Big Dog

I've heard of it being used for an insect repelant. hah

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Which one on that site would you suggest?

9. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I use 43 or 40. But 1/8" holds my pups and 1/4" holds my big dogs just fine.

10. TNK

TNK Pup

Nobody has mentioned the use of ACV in whelping bitch's prior to birth ?
    It brings the PH down in the milk and helps prevent mastitis in known/prone bitch's.

Vinegar is a very effective antibacterial and natural disinfectant.
    It will not disrupt the gut flora by killing off the good bacteria used in digestion.

As with anything moderation and consistency is the key.

:cool:

11. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I agree with everyone else. That chain is ridiculous. You can get a chain less than half that size that would hold that dog fine. A high-grade 1/4 chain will do the job. As stated before, you also have links that will break quickly. Get a smaller chain and better links. That way your pup won't develop any problems from dragging so much weight. It isn't good for him. Why risk hurting your dog if you can move to a smaller chain? Also, maybe it just looks short, but you may want consider a longer chain too. That dog isn't even able to do a full circle around his chain spot because the fence is in the way.

12. If ACV is effective at cutting weight.......I'd poor about a gallon of it on that chain.....maybe the chain will lose some weight.

Holy crap. A 200 # dog doesn't need a chain that big.

.....Anyways....I've noticed that when using ACV on a conditioned dog...it seems to take that little extra bit of fat away. Don't expect to give a fat a$$ dog some ACV and a week later its lean and trimmed.

13. jampe69

jampe69 Pup

i added milos food balsamic vinegar and it worked well. there is picture thread called milo @ 13 months today where you can see milos condition today..ill add some recent pics when he was bit fatter..it burns fat very well...