1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Apbt roflmao please

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Cassa01, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venom

venom Top Dog

Yeah, i don't think the majority even breeds their own on a regular basis or even yearly. The average user on here is probably just regular people looking for breed history, understanding, and just some regular dog talk. Most people i've talked to in pm's just have house pets.

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I can't speak for everyone here, But myself whenever I do a breeding there is on average about a year and a half of planning behind it and that is rushing it. I never just throw a breeding together or that, The longest time I took to plan out a breeding on one particular dog was 5 years.

And as far as selling dogs that is not something I like to do. I always kept them, Traded them with other folks I knew and had respect for or gave them to the same folks or trusted friends or family. To me folks that try and live off the dogs are some of the lowest varmints around, When done the way it should be if you were able to sell every single dog in the litter you would be lucky to break even and more often than not you would lose money.

To me it was never about money, I was blessed to be able to work and be good at what I do and provide for my family and the dogs were just my hobby and I owed it not only to the dogs but to myself and everyone who taught me as a youngster to do things the right way. But most importantly I owed it to my family to make sure I upheld the name in the dogs, I know people like myself are getting harder and harder to come across in the aspect that they come from a family of dogmen. But I just flat couldn't have lived with myself if it all fell on me that I ruined the family name in the dogs after all the years of hard work the men before me put into them.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thats true, for every well bred dog you breed with any old shiteater its a slap in the face to the man that worked hard to create that well bred bulldog!

4. skeptic

skeptic Pup

So EXACTLY what titles and health screens should a pit bull have before a responsible breeder even starts to consider it breeding quality? Anybody here brave enough to answer that question? (I am particularly interested in the health screens part).

5. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Lol @Tittles and health certs!
    How's that for an answer?

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

an dyou are prob right. i think 70% is a high number but overall i would say breed responsibly and enjoy you dogs as an owner. in my situation cull is equivilent to gettin a dog fixed and thats it. that being said it would be easy for me to end up with 100 dogs on my yard with this method. i hold myself to high standards and only will breed what i think is are special dogs. this is what i think IMO responsible breeding is
    1.) being prepared to keep all the puppies if necessary
    2.) only lettin pups go to responsible dog people or pet owners who dont plan on breeding
    3.) if you are planning on givin some pups up to dogmen makin sure they are good quality so that they arent stuck with low quality dogs

this keeps dogs off the news and out of shelters

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

a pretty uneducated one for sure. tell me one, just one downfall of health testing.

8. skeptic

skeptic Pup

I'll tell you one reason people are against doing health screens before breeding pit bulls: It means that those who want to breed dsyplastic dogs and claim that they are "quality" and "special dogs" and breeding to "high standards" will be shown to be just typical backyard breeders--filling the shelters with more pit bulls.

If you don't require health screens, lots of these folks can snow people with their bragging and bluster.

9. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Petbull breeders get health tests, real gamedog breeders thats been doin the dam thing for a good while don't!

10. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Uneducated, Yeah I'm uneducated bout breeding a dog for prancing around in a circle in front of a judge, breeding for the pet trade, or breeding to sell! Yes I'm defiantly uneducated about those type of breedings, And dam PROUD OF IT!
    But uneducated bout bulldawgs? Lol, HARDLY!!!!!!!
    I'll give you a reason why not health testing the parents of the best bulldawg breedings is a good idea, JAIL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure and simple!
    Besides all that, good performance breeders should have already weeded the weak, the sickly, and deformed out their line!

11. venom

venom Top Dog

health testing goes further than whats visible to the eye.

12. skeptic

skeptic Pup

You make no sense. Why would health testing your breeding stock result in "jail time?"

13. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

The only thing apparent to me about heath testing is puppy peddling! And what's prolly most important to the buyers of pups from these peddlers is looks and papers, that are VISIBLE TO THE EYE!

14. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Do I Gotta spell it out? You mean u really don't know? You must have never seen a pic of HOMER? Or how bout SKULL! Gimme a break dude! To me this whole site don't make sense anymore! Isnt this Game-dog.com, I'm thinkin- NOT!
    Alright I'ma shuttin up right about now, I really need to get off this comp and into my yard, To much useless energy spent here!!!!!!!!

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

you are simply delusional at best.
    "weeded out" eh? how about those breeders that their lines are becoming plagued w/ health issues...and their dogs arent made for "prancing around in a circle"
    health testing is a GOOD thing, no matter what your flavor.

16. Cassa01

Cassa01 Big Dog

Bullnuts his just asking a quistion no need to be a cocky c**t just answer him or shutup n don't help him if u got nothing nice to say sorry he isn't a dog god like urself fkn smartass

17. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

If ya ask a stupid question ya get a stupid answer!!!!!!!!!! Smart ass huh? Looks like your gettin a little bent by hearing the truth arent ya?! Makes me wonder bout you! Oh and thanks for the DOG GOD compliment, I never really looked at my self like that but flattering to see that you do! Haha

18. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

shitty breeders!

19. Cassa01

Cassa01 Big Dog

Well If someone doesn't no as much as u don't hate him for it I bet u didn't no everything about dogs when u came on here did u ? .. N ther we go ye il admit I don't no everything about them so what's rong with tryin to find out ? Insted of being a smart ass just help ppl out or if not keep ur mouth shut xx

20. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

The day someone thinks they know everything is the day they stop learning ANYTHING!
    My eye's are opened EVERYDAY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.