1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

anytime now...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by rocksteady, Jan 8, 2005.

1. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

the worst part about breeding is the wait :(

Anytime now my girl is going to whelp.. she's just making me wait

A pain in the you know what. Nothing seems to be wrong..but it makes me a worry wort wondering

Her temps dropped , she wont eat and forget chewing on her cow hoof..usually she cant put it down.

2. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Good luck Rocksteady...

Seems like every litter is important to me...just had 2 litters this last year...
    I am always watching.
    Seems mine like to eat Pizza when close to whelp...LOL
    I hate to cook at the last minute.
    Is your girl in the house?
    Best of luck with the new babies.

3. dora

dora Big Dog

i here you on the worry wort thing...my codie had her pups jan 6th....and it was her 66th day...i was so scared for her i hardly slept..and when i did...i would hear her and wake up..grrr is how i felt...then at 11:20pm 1-6-2005 my first solid white was born then my second solid white was born 5 mins later she proceeded to have another solid white then she had one brown with a white chest and 3 others that are brown white and black...and they all have red noses...wooohoooo...i am a happy grandma!!!

4. sher12986

sher12986 Pup

hi i also am waiting on my little girl to deliver her first litter i am new to this and do not know what to expect i do know her temp is dropping and she is not her self i feel so bad for her and do not know what to do to help her and i think im in deep trouble cause she sleep's with me all thow i made her a welping box and she has been in it a bit more these days and she is fixing up the way she wants it... if there is any advice anyone would like to give me --------- belive me i will listen
    thank you sherry:confused:

5. rocksteady

She had them! 7 in all, 4 brindles, 2 red brindles and one silver (red) alot of males..
    active, hungry and momma's doing well

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

congrats rock, happy to hear everything went well.

7. Dano

Dano Big Dog

Hey Congrats Rock,
    Can't wait to see them, who knows maybe I'll get one lol!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2005
  8. sher12986

sher12986 Pup

congrads to u hope to see some pics soon

9. ibcbt

ibcbt Pup

congrags hope all is healthy and happy.

10. rocksteady

Thank you all!
    ..and make that 8 ..vet found one more for us ..alive and well

11. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Congratulations !
    Happy they are here and healthy !

12. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Is there anyone that can help out SHERI?????

13. rocksteady

Do you have a vet?? Make sure you keep his /her number handy just in case

Sounds like she's ready! They will stop eating, get restless ..all the signs

Best thing to do is leave her alone, just watch. If you notice her having trouble or straining , call your vet. When the pups come out, make sure she tears their sack, cuts their cord, licks them dry. You can check the pup when she's done, pick up in towel and chack for clef palates, male/ female and place back with her

she could go really fast..or she could have a couple then nothing for an hour or so.

I really dont know what else to say. there are so many things that could go wrong... but generally a healthy, of age female will have no problems. make sure she;s nursing and taking care of them otherwise you;ll have to feed them! Its very important they get that first milk.

All females are different when it comes to whelping. Some dont mind company. others, like mine, prefer me to leave the room :)

14. c.knight

c.knight Big Dog

congrats love to see them