1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

anyone out there have any amstaffs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bigsho, Dec 27, 2004.

1. bigsho

bigsho Pup

just wondering who else out there had one. i know they arent the game dog that everyone else has but i love my pup just the same. ...BIGSHO

2. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

I have a few AMSTAFF's at this time. I like them also.

3. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I have 1. He has never shown me that he was'nt game..He is also my favorite house dog and the best companion dog you could ask for.

4. GT99

GT99 Pup

There are some Game Am staffs out there, Apparently there are still people preserving some lines although I have not seen any of them. Just what I have heard.

They are great dogs none the less and I wouldnt have a problem owning one, If it is a pet only and you dont plan on testing a dog then who cares if it is not game. I think all Am staffs are game to a point, not on the same level as a pitbull thats been tested, but if you compare it to other breeds it will still have a bit of go left in it.

I do have a question though, I was reading a Dogs USA annual puppy guide. It got me thinking. If the Am staff is just a show version of the APBT and they are really the same dogs other than the selective breeding differences. How long before a pitbull is no longer a pitbull? All these breeders you see that breed striktly for looks and never test their dogs. They are breeding pitbulls for show, wouldnt they basically just be Am staffs after a few generations?