1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know How To Build A Catt Mill

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BLAZENJ KENNELS, Sep 23, 2004.

1. I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A CATMILL OR JUST KNOWS HOW TO BUILD ONE. I AM NOT FINDING OUT MUCH ON MY OWN AS NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPERICATED THNKS
    CRAWLEY,
    BLAZEN J KENNELS

2. Ballzee

Ballzee Pup

same as a jenny right?
    Here is a pic of a jenny.

Attached Files:

3. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

Does anyone have one of these?

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

in the witch hunts of today-catmills are about the last thing you want to be working with, let alone having on your property. there is a reason you wont find too much info about them.
    but if you must have one, if you sit and think about how it works, and the form of a circle you can pretty much make one, no need for any plans or blueprints.
    bad idea all around though imho

5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

you are better off with a slat mill. A jenny is not a good thing to have on your property. HSUS is already a problem for dog owners but then to put live bait in a cage and chase it might push any Animal Services to get the wrong idea. IMHO

6. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Couldnt you use a hide or something?
    I have read stories of old timers using these and screwing legs and joints.

7. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

That is true, this form of mill can easily blow joints out and wreck a dogs legs. If one is going to fabricate this form of mill they would be very wise to build in a banking of some sorts to help keep the dogs legs on the ground while they run.

8. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

9. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

Im just looking for blueprints on Slat and Carpet Mills can sombody please help me???:confused:

10. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

That'll be a lot of work to build.

11. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

Yea...Thats what i thought to but i got allot of time to do it...Just expanding my knowledge on things. Any Ideas on a blueprint?

12. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

13. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

Thank You for the info! That is alot of work.....It looks it would cost close to the sale price to construct one,maybe better off buying one huh?

14. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

just get a clothes line the spirle ones and use it lol

15. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I have had 2 of them over the years one is still in use and has been working for over 20 years. They are a great tool and very easy to build if you can weld. I will draw one up and scan it for you tonight BUT they are right the witch hunt is going on and the fag tags might get the wrong idea. But IMO you cant beat a good cat mill for puting a dog in shape. and just about every dog LOVES to work them. J

16. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

There ya go its kind like mine I just use one cable to the end of the pole and I put a turn buckle on each one to tightn it up . I can not get my scaner to work. I will keep tryin for ya . But make sure you notch the hub a half moon so the pipe lays good and you can get a good weld on it.

17. moonshine

moonshine Pup

Exactly.Thats all you need a hills hoist and cut it down so its only about 4 foot,concrete it into the ground.Then make a bank like a velodrome and line it.Just dont use a cat and you wont get in trouble.

18. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

yep yep :D

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

20. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

i wouldnt be building a cat mill, not only for obvious reasons, but because it is BS..you dont need live animals for your dog to chase, also because i feel it is good to give the dog what he's been chasing as a reward lol.. so animals are out of the question. not only that, you will teach the dog to want to chase what ever animal is in there all the time, that aint teaching him sh*t.
    use the same princible but us a hide, something you can give the dog to actually chew a little after, for a reward.
    also as someone said, you will need a slight banked curve, youll end up with one anyhow lol, and use a collar.
    Slatty's are a great tool for enhancing stamina/wind and building nice lean muscle. ill have a look at what pix i have that i could post to maybe help a little, ive built a few slatty's. i tell ya, there not to difficult to build if you have some sort of metal fab skills, a good eye and commonsence. wheels, bearings can be a killer $, depending on the quality you want. a few stainless bolts and thing are stuff all, and steel is cheep. good if you have time, but you could proberly buy a good one for about the same $$

D'S..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009