1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone here

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by popper, Apr 18, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

Feed ther dogs whole Fish ? I bought some whole Tiliapia and was wondering if i can or if anyone esle is feeding whole fish?

2. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Iv'e fed raw salmon fillets that I used to get from my mother in Alaska, They didn't have bones though! I would think that fish bones would be a problem, but Iv'e heard of people feeding raw scaly fish to their dogs, In fact I think I read that Chimera kennels does that and swears by the benefits of fish, (Don't Quot me tho) I sometimes feed Blacktip reef shark that I can get from a friend free, But my dogs don't seem to eat it unless I Boil it a little.
    I too am interested in small scaly fish for my dogs ever since I heard about the positive plus that feeding whole raw fish can bring! But Iv'e always been scared of the little sharp bones hurting my dogs.

3. popper

popper CH Dog

yea man , i was aboutto feed it when a friend of mine spazzed out and was like dont feed them fish bones.... so im kind of worried ... i saw also chimera feed fish with bone and all ..... i just wanted to get some other opnion.... this is whole Tilapia fish bone and all

4. Deniz

Deniz Big Dog

People I know also feed whole salmon, and sometimes just the heads.
    I never heard of any problems with the bones.

5. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

when u feed fish do u include the intestines and gills?.tnx

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Bones are only dangerous when uncooked, the most dangerous bone I would imagine would be the chicken bone and folks feed these to their hounds in raw diet all the time. The key is make sure its ray and not cooked, that's when bones get brittle and break. Look up the benefits of the BARF (raw) diet and see what they have to say about fish.

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

when i lived up north we would feed whole mackerel, bones and all.
    the biggest thing to remember with fish is this-moderation. there are concerns of mercury levels in some areas. it is also a best practice to freeze the fish first, thus killing any internal parasites that may be present

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i believe you meant to say "bones are only dangerous when cooked"

which is only part true. as with any bones it should be ~ supervised~

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Cooked, my bad I didn't even realize that's what I put. COOkED is what I meantm thx for the correction.

How u likin the mountains rally?