1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a 1 year old stud?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by D.R KING, Jun 9, 2005.

1. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

I would love to see how your pup proved himself worthy of being bred at such a young age. But It seems I found one, a 1 year old stud worthy of being bred!!!
    Great, when my pup kain gets hair on his balls I'll place him up for stud @ 7 months....

http://www.gamestarterkennels.com/wst_page2.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2005
  2. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

i agree that is crazy.

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

it's funny how that person alters all thier pics........
    ^^^stretchVVV <---stretch--->
    LOL, very funny!

4. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

lol, that is funny

5. D.R KING

No whats funny is the name of the kennel "gamestarter..." I've never seen a ped like his before, does anyone know the dogs, could they be show dogs?

6. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

lol@D.RKing^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    they should call themselves "gettingstarted KNLS"
    ya think they are tryin' to compensate for som'em???

7. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

i have heard of that thomasons stuff before. i am not sure what it goes back into or if its straight apbt it could have some staff in it. but we used to have a female off some of that loverboy stuff like itn that ped. now listen she was given to us and was a pretty pretty dog so my friends wife liked her so she kept her. then when she was about 2 she started to weight pull. man that old bitch took out alot of good ones. i was like damn. so we let her weight pull against a blackman female we had and she jus didn't have what it took. but don't get me wrong she would of been someones #1 weight puller in different hands.so i don't know about that stuff except for that bitch i had named diamond. anyway jus thought i would share what i knew about the blood. not much.
    lol

8. 440rider

440rider Guest

nice dog kennels! not sure how well that 14 gauge welded fencing will hold some dogs though.

9. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Are you kidding me. IN my opinion you shouldn't even be "touching" a dog that is only a year old much less breeding him..... Call um Startin2early kennels

10. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

Lol Good One Tx. I Do Know Of A Prominent Guy Running The Bolio Blood That Does Breed Them Between 12 And 15 Months, Stating That He Knows The Characeristics Of The Stuff He Is Running So He Feels Comfortable Doing This. He Sells Alot Of Dogs Too, And His Percentages With Good Ones Ain't Too Bad. What Do People Think Of This?

11. D.R KING

sounds like a peddler...12-15 months?

12. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

YEAH. HE BASES HIS ACTIONS ON PROVEN DOGS THAT HE HAS PUT OUT IN THE PAST WOULDN'T DO IT MYSELF BUT SEEMS EVERYBODY GOT THEY OWN PHILSOPHY ABOUT THE GREAT PRINCIPLES OF BREEDING. ALOT OF OLDER BREEDERS DO IT SOME WITH YOUNG MALES, BUT I THINK YOUNG FEMALES IS MORE COMMON. NOT ABSOLUTELY SURE THOUGH.

13. D.R KING

I have seen some sites were some breeders breed the younger females, but the males are like 3+ years most of time. Come on, at 1 year the dog was stilla pup, chinaman wasnt bred until he was 7 am i right? People dont breed like they used to no more...

14. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

500.00 for stud to that dog. Hell! he must have some fast growing pups to be able to see the finished product at its best. I pay that stud fee and he gives me curs! I'm bashing that guy and his dogs but only a fool would breed that way. You breed it to your own yard and look hard.

15. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

You Would Be Suprised At Some Of The Tactics Of So Called Established Breeders. The Argument Some Give Is That After Breeding For A Certain Period Of Time You Know What To Expect And What To Look For. Now Don't Get Me Wrong, While I Haven't Seen Any One Established Breeding Puppies Together, I Have Seen Younger Dogs Of Both Sexes Used In Breeding Programs Where The Belief Was That The Blood Would Speak For Itself Based On The Years Of Breeding Done With That Line. Am I Alone In This? Again, I Am Not Condeming Or Condoning It. Just Throwing It Out There.

16. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

I myself dont have any experience with breeding by paper through a particular family but a wise man once said that if your start a program from a pure family that has been proven, that if you breed by paper (considering you have great knowledge with that particular pure family) 20 years down the road the family would be stronger, and thats without touching any of the dogs. Now it's obvious that this style of breeding cant be done by just anyone. It takes a lot of knowledge, years, and patience to accomplish this. Just my 2 cents.

17. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

Oh, and that wise man is D.M.

18. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT BREEDING BY PAPER. I AM REFERRRING TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BREEDING BETWEEN 15-20+ YRS WHO FEEL THAT THEY KNOW THE QUALITY AND TRAITS OF WHAT THEY BREED WELL ENOUGH TO SKIP SOME STEPS THAT MIGHT BE SEEN AS MANDATORY FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE NOT BEEN STICKING DOGS TOGETHER THAT LONG.
    I THINK THIS WOULD RELATE MORE TO WHAT I AM ASKING, AND HAS ACTUALLY BEEN SAID BY SOME.

19. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

I gotcha O.D. I guess that by me saying paper breeding some may think that its possible to start off with a pure proven strain, and then maintain that desired trait that it's family is known for by just breeding back into that stock on pedigree work alone.

I AM REFERRRING TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BREEDING BETWEEN 15-20+ YRS WHO FEEL THAT THEY KNOW THE QUALITY AND TRAITS OF WHAT THEY BREED
    I see where your coming from, and I do know a few people that take this approach in their program. Just letting you know that I myself am familiar with this tactic.

20. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

A couple were in my shop the other day. They said they had some Thomason stuff, and that it goes back to the Greyline stuff.