1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone from TX going to KS next weekend??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by LadyRampage, Oct 11, 2009.

1. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Alright, Its driving me crazy so I thought I'd ask...

Anyone from Texas going to the Kansas show next weekend, and would be willing to pick up a puppy for me????

I know its a long shot, but I am going crazy!!

The pup is near Austin, TX.....

Come on people, I'm going CRAZY!!!

2. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

you live in kansas? Ill see you at the show if you go.
    j

3. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I actually live in Oklahoma... so I'm basically right in the middle but I will be at the KS show..lol

4. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

hey how did you do in kansas? show some pictures of your dogs, one of mine didnt place and 2 placed in every show so I guess thats not terrible.

5. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Did pretty good actually... I am proud to say my bitch took a 2nd on Sunday in the CH of CH class, losing to her bellymate sister...proud because this wasn't a split class and the competition was tough. Ozzy took it the first show, also a bellymate.. I was showing a friend's little 12-18 month old male and took a 1st in the 1st show, and a 1st in the 3rd show.. not a bad weekend at all... My bitch also took the Judge's Choice trophy on Saturday.

What age were you showing?? I watched most of the show...

Do have to say was extremely upset with the 2nd show judge on sunday and his irresponsible handling in the ring.

6. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

[​IMG]
    CH Rage (black bitch) CH Jewels (my female) and GR CH Ozzy

They are bellymates, off GR CH Zorro and CH Ebony.

7. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

way to go, good job. I didnt care for him either but what can ya do? Hey what did he do on sunday that was wrong? I was there, but didnt notice. I had a 2-3 male, a 3-5 female, and a 5 and older male.

8. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I wasn't impressed with him letting his bitch lunge, jump, snap and come within inches of grabbing the dog next to him.. He had a 5 foot lead and was letting her have the full leash to run at the other dogs, including at the people doing their out and backs. He was facing his dog off when pulled out for the best of opposite as well. I'm not talking about just letting the dogs fire at each other, I'm talking about coming within inches of grabbing dogs. Not to mention there was a fairly new handler standing with her dog next to him, it was only her 2nd or 3rd show.

Don't get me wrong, I am cool with an aggressive dog, my bitch is not calm, but as a judge, representing the ADBA he KNOWS better. The ADBA shows are there to help put the APBT out there in a positive way, and that was just not something non pitbull people should see (like any media). An aggressive dog, under control is one thing, one that is lunging, screaming, snapping, jumping AND has a 5ft lead to use is not. I would have had no problem if he would have kept his dog in an area around him. I actually stopped in my out and back and told him to pull her back, course as soon as I turned my back he gave her the lead.

Problem solved though, I said my peace to the club members, as well as an email to the ADBA. I will never show under him, and will never go to a show for the club he is president of.

9. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

On another note, I actually didn't have a problem with him on Saturday when he was judging..lol

10. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

well thats no good. I dont like it when people let their dogs do that either. I was at the mo show and a guy had his dog literally 1 foot away from mine with plenty of lead. I told him that next time he would need a staple kit. any chance you are going to the texas show next month? do you own ozzy?

11. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I will definetly be in texas next month!! I don't own Ozzy but I am friends with his owner, not to mention the breeder is a good friend as well... I actually have Ozzy's mom on the yard at the moment..lol

We are going to take Ozzy to Jewels to see what we get as soon as she comes in heat.. I'm hoping she won't be too heavy to show in November..lol

12. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

well good luck. how is ozzy bred anyways? he is gorgeous, and when he won the other day I thought it was an obvious choice but others around me were rootin for their buddys dog who was great too. that has to be an awfully tuff class to be in. i actually showed in ozzy's sire's class and he looks good but nowhere near as awesome as ozzy.

13. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

14. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Did you find a way to get the pup?

Oh and congrats on the show y'all :D

15. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Nope, but I'm leaving early in the morning to make the trip down to pick them up..lol

16. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

sorry I won't be able to...

17. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Thanks for the offer anyway truepits I appreciated the thoughts of trying for me!!

18. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

thats weird, I could have sworn he said that he had the sire to ozzy. either way, ozzy is one of the best out there. what is it you are picking up?

19. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

couple of colby pups from a bitch from my yard to a male that is colby and 1/8 jeep... I got them yesterday..lol

Yeah, the guy that owns Ozzy's sire was in the CH of CH ring with Ozzy's sister, who took the cup on Sunday.. in the above pictures he is the man behind the black dog. My hubbie was showing Zorro on Sunday in C of C..lol

Ozzy is an extremely nice dog..lol If you look at his ped there is an awesome pic of Zorro and Ozzy together.. they look ALOT alike..lol

20. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

yeah youre right. sounds like a sweet cross with the colby pups. are busenbark dogs easy to come by in your neck of the woods? i know several from here that have bought dogs from him and swear by them. i saw one that i thought was impressive but havent seen any others that were as good as he was.
    j