1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BDuBois, Aug 15, 2010.

1. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

How old does a dog need to be for breeding?

2. 1916

1916 Big Dog

14 yrs old

3. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

I thought it was 21 :eek:

4. 1916

1916 Big Dog

that's right,with i.d.,i was thinking kentucky laws

5. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

mmmmmmmmmmkkk

6. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Why?.........If you need to ask this you probably don't need to know.

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

you for real.been to arkansas and aint going back.

8. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

Well if you have never been in the game before, you don't know everything. That's why I asked. I guess some of you have nothing better to do than mock or make jokes. Last time I checked, this is a forum. People ask questions and things like that. Thanks for the help then.

9. 1916

1916 Big Dog

yes but when a stupid question is asked you get what you get. And if your new to it then you dont need to be breeding in the first place.There are plenty of good dogs from good people,so my question is,why are you wanting to breed since you are sooo fresh into the dogs?? To be a peddler? because it sounds like a peddler question to me, and we don't need anymore peddlers.

10. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

I want to stud my dog. I only have one. I wonder what you would get with some Boudreaux blood and a jerk. Like I said, I did not know so I asked. I guess ignorant people are stupid? You learn from other people as you go. It's not wrong to ask for help. So like I said, thanks for your help. :D

11. 1916

1916 Big Dog

What has your dog done that makes it worthy to stud? Like i said, we have enough out there that you don't need to be doing it.And if you new anything about dogs you wouldn't be coming online and asking about what age you can breed a dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
  12. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

I don't really care what you have to say. Also, I do not need to justify what my dog has done for you to consider him worthy of studding. It's none of your business. The forum is used to provide information to people so that they may better educate themselves and understand the breed. Thank you for not helping. Honestly, it's sad you are not willing to help someone with an honest question about a misunderstood breed.

13. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Which are you asking about female or male? all jokes aside

14. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

I was just curious and wanted to know when a male is of age for stud service or w/e.

15. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Oh, but I disagree it is our business...you have made it our business by posting it on a public forum. It is very clear that you are going to stud him no matter what anyone here says, but I still am going to say what I have to say, even though "the forum is used to provide information to people so that they may better educate themselves" this is not what you are going to do. I think 1916 is willing to help you, and is doing just that...you are too hellbent on people only telling you what you want to hear, and not what the truth is. What has your animal done to prove he is worth breeding? This is a honest question that is totally justifiable to ask when someone is asking about breeding their dog. Don't try to drag the breed into this to make you seem like he is attacking you....it has nothing to do with the breed of dog, it would be the same if it was any other breed of dog. You are so green that you don't know what the proper age to start using a dog as a stud...well let me clue you in on something. There is no set age, it is when the animal has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a worthy, correct, and excellent specimen of the breed that he is representing. All you really want to know is, How soon can I start charging money for breeding him....so why don't you just ask what you mean? A stud dog is something that is a key part in a breeding program...it is a dog that is exceptional, and represents it breed to the fullest in every way, and something that you want more of...not something to toss a quick few hundred bucks in your pocket. I suggest not doing anything with your dog except loving him, and feeding him because it is clear to me that is about all you have the ability or intelligence to do.

16. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

You could have said there is no set age along time ago. I'm open to anything but you and 1916 were making jokes at the beginning. It was very clear that you had no intention of helping. My dog has a bloodline that I would love to see continued or even made better. My dog is 5 months of age. I was just doing some research. I guess next time when I have an awesome question, ill use google.

17. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Funny how you interpret things if you really read our posts you would see that we did help...we just didn't kiss your ass while we were doing it. I am asking you like a man, Why do you want to breed your dog? All you can tell me is because of it's bloodline....what does that sound like to you? He is 5 months old.....If it is because of a "bloodline" then I can't see your rationality. There are bound to be better out there than a 5 month old pup regardless of bloodline.

18. BDuBois

BDuBois Pup

I guess I'm not sure what you want me to say. Why do I want to breed my dog? Because I want to, because I can, to strengthen the bloodline, to continue the bloodline, to make better dogs. I don't know what else to tell you, man. If your expecting me to say something "intelligent" well you said it yourself, I'm not capable of that.
    Not to be rude or anything but this is my last reply.

19. fblb

fblb Top Dog

It figures you would quit when someone tries to talk to you, and bring a good conversation. How do you know you are strengthening the bloodline? I am asking you this in all sincerity, not be be a wise ass. How do you know you would be making the bloodline better if you bred your animal? He is 5 months old as you said....what can you honestly see in a 5 months old? If you really want to better a bloodline you shouldn't be worried about breeding you should be worried about keeping your dog or dogs honest. I could personally care less if you went and blew your dogs brains all over your living room, but I am just trying to get you to think a bit. You say you are green, and a noob and such, but then when someone tries to get you thinking you get all huffy, and start acting like you run shit in the dog game. Just something for you to think about. I ain't expecting anything of you I am just trying to get you to open your eyes a little.

20. LOL you aren't even on the sidelines!