1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anti-BSL Speech

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by TrubsDiary, Dec 11, 2005.

1. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

bump///////

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2006
    Judy likes this.
  2. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

i got an A :)

3. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Good job!
    Did you get any feedback from your class?

4. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

yeah acutally i did. Most of them i have class with a lot and know that i have pit bulls. when i first told them that i had pit bulls they did the normal "omg arn't you afraid they will turn on you... baby killers" but none had ever actually met one. they also had never heard of Breed Specific Legislation, including the teacher. But they all were glad i gave the speech. They said they didn't realize what was going on. They also said that they wouldn't support any kind of breed specific legislation in our area and would be more open to learning about what a pit bull really is, not just what they hear in the news.

5. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Good stuff!

6. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

That was a very good paper. You should post that where lots of people can read it. :)

7. BlackSeal

BlackSeal Pup

i'm actually giving a persuasive speech this tuesday on bsl for school. I also did in an informative speech this semester about setting up chain spaces. I brought one of my dogs to help out and most of the class really enjoyed it.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I live in Lewisburg Tn and we are now under one of these bans Pit bulls are the only breeds that are listed. I own three pits the oldest being a larger 85 lbs male (neutered) female 40 lbs and a 6 month f pup. My dogs are in their yard at all times (wish I could say that for the kids down the street). All shots are up to date on all our animals, we even give our horse rabies shots! But our problem child is our dashound that weighs 6 lbs. She tears up some ankles. Is there anything we can do to stop this law that is requiring a 50,000 insurance on EACH Pit on the property?

9. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

all you can do is lobby your representatives that are support the bill and educate them... get your family and friends to do the same... if you thing you are harassing and bugging them too much, you should probably do it some more, just in case. there is no such thing as too much education. See if you can get newspapers and reporters to get interested in the story.... make it public... the majority of the problem is that people don't realize what's happening until it's too late. Go to a dog run (without your dog) and post up flyers warning people that their dog might be next (which sadly is a reality). a lot of people on this board might have other ideas on how to educate your community on how BSL is the wrong answer to an ever growing problem in most cities.