1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

another dog fod thread lol>>Black Gold<

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by BDK, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

Do you have a link for them?

2. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Hey Big River,

I have other friends who have had the same experience as myself...and they have no digestive problems. And, yes, with Black Gold they might have smaller stools, but they are foul smelling and the urine was particularly foul.
    One friend noticed the same , but it did not bother him as his dogs were way back away from the house.

3. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

I didn't notice an extremely foul smell when I had my dogs on it. Guess peoples noses are different. lol

4. well ted,

you will be surprised at what I will tell you about your copy and paste of the product you use.
    1. it has meat meal in it versus poultry meal that is harder on digestion
    2. it has ground yellow corn versus corn meal again corn meal is easier to digest for a better coat.
    3. it has d graded calcium versus a superior human grade calcium of calcium iodate
    4. it is missing dried whole eggs a source of protein
    5. it is missing vitamin k which is necessary in the healing and clotting process.
    6. it is missing biotine
    7. it is missing l lysine which is necessary for aiding in muscle growth
    8. it doesnt have liver meal which is another source of iron which aids in the red blood cells
    9. it doesn't have any potassium chloride which we all know what potassium does it is healthy in proper quantities for healthy heart and prevents muscle cramps
    10. is is missing cobalt carbonate which aids in healthy skin and coats
    11. you have a moisture content of 10%, which tells me the manufacturer wants a longer shelf life (greater than a year) because the older food gets the more nutrients it loses.

while this sport mix thing sounds good and has better ingredients than most wal-mart brands and common brands used in feeding dogs, it is not what I would call a "supreme" dog food, although it is better than most.

the last thing i noticed is, it has too much fiber, anything under 2.75 and over 3.5 is not a good thing, not enough they bind up, too much they pooh more and sometimes can be looser than what is supposed to be. fiber is another word for undigestible material.

this i compared to the red bag black gold, their best which is the blue bag will be better than the red as the caloric content is greater and protein %is better.

and as far as label goes, black label looks about as generic as they come, that is about the only thing bad I can say, is they need to redesign the label.

prices, they are about the same give or take depending on how much you buy and where you buy it.

don't get me wrong, the dog food you feed is no "ole roy" but it is quality. I am not saying that black gold is the number one dog food of the world, but if people would look at what they are buying and analyze it, instead of buying what they like, dogs would be far more healthier.

5. one thing it could be, is black gold has a few different lines

if you feed a dog a feed with too much protein for the activity they do, it will not get absorbed in their bodies, instead it will be passed in the urine and feces which would produce and undesirable stool smell. for instance if i feed a dog high protein content food and they lay all day on a chain with little to no activity, what the body does not need it will discard. this will be a strong odor.

6. there are dealers almost in every state, some states there are more than others.

7. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

I posted a link for blackgold on the 2nd page. It will tell you who deals blackgold in your state.