1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Another bust this one

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by raided2, Sep 26, 2008.

1. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Four Arrested in Autauga County for Dog Fighting

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 05:09 PM MST
    Updated: Sep 25, 2008 11:48 AM MST
    [​IMG] Video Gallery

<1>

[​IMG] Pit bull Fighting Ring Busted

1:41

Mechelle Marshall (22y/o)
    Lenard Mcneil (26y/o)
    Denard Mcneil (26y/o)
    Larissa Robinson (22y/o)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]InterACTIVE CenterSIGN UP for breaking news email alerts
    TALK to WSFA 12 News management about this story
    VIEW/SEND Photos & Videos
    [​IMG]

By Eileen Jones - bio | email
    PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - Autauga County deputies rescued 27 dogs and charged four people after uncovering what they believe is a dog fighting ring outside Prattville. The Sheriff says the four people arrested were out on bond on similar charges in Escambia County.
    When the four were taken to jail they left behind 20 dogs and 7 puppies. Officers say the animals were tied to stakes with heavy chains even the puppies. Their food and water bowls were empty and dry as if they haven't had anything to eat or drink for days.
    Overall, the dogs looked healthy but there were wounds and bruises enough to make you believe they were in a fight.
    The Autauga County Sheriff's office, the Department of Agriculture, the District Attorney's office and the Attorney General's office were all involved in the investigation. A-G Troy King was on the scene right after the arrests. "I was asked the other day......what would you say to somebody who says well they're just dogs. I'd say to somebody who says they're just dogs - that's probably somebody who would say they're just kids or they're just seniors. We can not allow the defenseless among us to be abused and hurt and caged and chained as we see here."
    Sheriff Herbie Johnson believes the four arrested include two brothers and their girlfriends. The Attorney General says they will be charged with 27 counts of permitting dog fighting. That's one count for each dog found on the property. each count carries a penalty of one to ten years in prison or a fine up to 15-thousand dollars.

Photos Courtesy: Autauga Co. Sheriff's Office
    [​IMG]

14 votes

[​IMG]

You must be logged in to rate this story. Login or register

Close window
    [​IMG]

Four Arrested in Autauga County for Dog Fighting

Leave comment
    @ Controls
    (Powered by JS-Kit)

Leave a comment
    Your name:

Send replies to email: (if provided, email will not be displayed or shared)

Rating:

Comment:

Logged via [logout]
    Your OpenID URL: (OpenID 1.1 providers only)

[more]
    (Powered by JS-kit)
    (Spam filtering by Akismet)

Page: 1 2 3 4

Kristin
    Friday, September 26, 2008

Ibelive it was dog fighting. Its so sad though. I wish it was'nt fighting. The owners make these dogs mean. I have a friend with a pitbull and it is the most gentle loving dog. I feel so sorry for these animals and I wish there was something I could do for them. But if these owners were indeed fighting these dogs then yes i think they deserve all the time in prison they get.
    Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 1 by 1 vote)
    Community assigned karma score: 0 by 0
    Mark as offensive
    [reply] [delete] [moderate]

day, September 25, 2008

To whom it may concern: You might consider my comment bias considering the fact the fact I know the "alleged dog fighters". If you are looking from the outside in you would believe what you hear on the news I am here to tell you those dogs are well taken care of fed well everyday!!! You think that just because you have 2black males that you have illegal activities going on.. Look into the background of these men and you will see 2 graduates of Faulkner University who have done nothing but tried to start a business but see your on the outside looking in.. So when you get the real story and do a real investigation then you tell me what it looks like...
    Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 10 votes)
    Mark as offensive

shmooz05
    Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hmmm... 27 dogs. Yeah, I am sure they were just pets. Come one people. Who has 27 dogs as pets?
    Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 3 by 11 votes)
    Mark as offensive

Thank you I did not realize what i may have done I should have being a victim my self of the same BS Charges thank you for reminding me of my HONEST MItsake

Close window

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I think the pictures should be removed. JMO

3. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

I delete pics can you delete your now thanks for making me aware of my huge error

4. 27 counts of dogfighting! one for each dog and puppy...wow!:eek: Mike vick thought he had it bad.

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

It's like that guy who got 100 years. It was like 15 years for each dog, which is an insane penalty, seeing how murderers and rapists seem to get off easy in comparison.

Did they put the dogs down? Anyone know? Did I read over that?

Don't you just "love" the people who assume that if you have x amount of dogs, you just have to be a dog fighter. Like there is no other possibilities. Makes me mad.

6. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

CHJ no not yet but I did ebter and log in to post on that news sation website as they let me the local ones her in AZ have banned me and I fortold the future in my post there before these people make it too trail there dogs will be destroyed because they couldn't be rehabilitatated? Come one people you know the truth that this breedis a people breed and will do whatever the master wants to make them happy most of these dogs were pupps under 6 mos I think everyone her should post something on that website to supoort those poor dogs ,hell the gusy even had College degrees how that for a stereo type? Just becaus ethese men and women were black they assume what they didi having dogs who in my book look 1000% healthy and happy they a dog fighter come one folk sback up these people and post your support for them those dogs didn't have a mark on them they were fat and happy as any house dog just because they aren't beagles they are all bieng used for fighting?

7. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

I really dislike that when people see dog bowls empty, they ASSUME the dogs are getting no food or water. Animals knock and chew on everything so of course their water bowls are going to be empty because they play with everything.

8. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Please and drop in on any animal control shelter across the country that once was the United States not the Humane Society of The Uninted States ,none of the dogs have food they are only fed at the most twice a day most commonly 1 x a day but they don't publish that they only try and make up dirt on the innocent!

9. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

my dogs water and food bowls are empty right now, ya know why? cause they ate it all in one sitting! and then they knocked over their water bowls, ya know why? cause their dogs, not seniors LOL, not children. OMG, I like how they say "as if" they had no food or water for days, whatever.

10. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

my dogs only eat once a day, the only time I feed them twice is if something different is going on. I don't know if these people are innocent or not, I just wish the media would stop with the half truths and do thier research, and do it right

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

ANY dogtrainer worth their salt knows you should NOT just free feed, IE leave food in the dogs bowl all the time.

Water is another story, a dog should always have clean fresh water.

12. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

just because the dogs didn't have food in their bowls they haven't eaten for days..... most dogs will eat the food as soon as you put it in there unless there is something wrong with the dog........ and you can't leave food there all the time because of ants, and rats, flies, etc. and 10 years per dog???? man vick just got a slap on the wrist compared to this guy. and they show one dog that has scars, you know it could be possibe the dog got off the chain and got into a scuffle, or a raccoon, or a bobcat or a stray dog or coyote could have gotten ahold of it..... so if these people come to my house just because i have x amount of dogs, most have scarring from hog hunting, which most you can tell it was a cut, not a bite, they find a couple breaksticks, "which is something any pitbull owner or hog hunter should not be without" my hunting bag which has all my meds in it, with the staple guns, and everything, and just because my dog don't have food 24/7 and i have a jip dog that has lost a few pounds because it has puppies, they can give me 10 years per dog i have, including my catahoulas, and curs, and hounds, and beagles, some of them idiots would probably claim i was fighting the bealges... and oh lord i have a couple chickens in my yard.... running freely, oh lord them are killer game chickens.... man this world is too lead on by stereotypes. these stereotyping people makes it hard for the honest man to have anything good, next thing they'll probably do is ban hog hunting with dogs, they've already did away with the quick catch.
    has anybody watched them animal cops on animal planet, just because somebody has some breaksticks, or some red cell, or some maxi b 1000, or a treadmill, they are dog fighters, and oh lord if a dog has scars on it, they think it could be possible the person just wants the dogs to be healthy and look good?? is it so wrong to just condition a dog because you want to have a good looking dog???? and if a dog has some cuts on it, oh lord,,,, you know it coul've gotten into an accidental scuffle, hit by a car, a raccoon, a stray dog, a coyote, something of that nature, or could it be possible they got the dog from a previous owner and maybe it had fleas real bad, or ants got ahold of it, any of these aren't impossible for a dogowner with a dog that stays outside.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
  13. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

I ahve yalked several times to the folks IN Ar that just whippd the HSUS,and you know what she told me ? That it is in legislation to make it illegal for the use of any dog to make contact with anyother animals ,this includes bird dogs, pointers waterfowl dogs and of course hog hunting or hog catching ,it ons its way folke and it being ram rodded by the HSUS!

14. simms

simms CH Dog

Please provide the proposal. Will this include dog parks as well? Or are they just focusing on the working aspects of the canine?

15. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

I found some pictures of the County Deputies as they we rushing into the raid.

[​IMG]

Ferk out

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

That's them alright...lol:eek:

17. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Please look up this webb sight and help fight the HSUS and BSL
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]http://www.stop-bsl.com/frameset.html Direct link to the website content

www.stop-bsl.com is the link we give out. . to the main page.

http://www.stop-bsl.com/petition.html if we want to post go sign our petitions! . . .

http://www.stop-bsl.com/blog/unitedbark.html Our first blog...

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

18. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Juckin Ferk i love it man oh man I am going o paste this one all over and Simms I believe its going to be for the actaull working dogs ,cattle dogs,bird dogs etc,espicially hog catch dogswhen I find it I will post but Inkow what the HOg Dog lady told me a few months back!