1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Another American Icon to the Gallows?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RightHandImp, Jul 2, 2008.

1. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

I"m by no means an animal rights activist, but this article below rubbed me the wrong way. I believe in the management, and the heritage these animals represent (a lot like our dogs) ...what are your thoughts??

http://www.newsweek.com/id/144279/page/1

2. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Wait, I can't kill a rattlesnake if I see one, but the govt. can kill off herds of wild horses. Yeah, that makes sense.

3. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

I remember seeing a story last year on FOX news about selling wild horses to france, for meat (human consumption). It's considered a delicacy in france. Bo Derek was on FOX describing how she's trying to raise awareness and stop this practice.

4. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

I don't have any issue with that, I'm not going to get on the soap box, but it just pisses me off every time we try and remove something that (some or most) Americans hold dear to our country... Not just speaking of our wild horses, but a whole lot of things. Heck, I'd probably eat horse meat if I thought it tasted good too.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I say feed them to the homeless, or cut them up for dog meat. No need in all that lean meat going to waste.

6. I guess there really is no such thing as freedom anymore.

7. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

You can say that again. Not for us, not for our dogs, not even our kids...man I'd love to be a kid again and not have a care in the world, stickin my fingers in the chicken fence to get 'em pecked at only to go back for more :D

8. I know as much about horses as I know about how it feels to wear a thong. That said, it certainly annoys the heck out of me to see a government do or think of doing for the sake of the wealthy ranchers and driven by monetary reasons. 33K population in 10 States??? That is nothing! Horses like birds enjoy traveling long distances every day.

If they have to be killed, let those in corrals go first and use the meat for consumption.

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

That is a good idea some of you had. If the govt. is going to kill off the horses anyway, why let all that meat go to waste? Good idea.