1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Animal Precinct on animal Planet

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by rocksteady, Jan 2, 2005.

1. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

OK..now I'm nota big fan of Animal Cops or that other one they do in Miami Dade county but I've been watching this show ( they are in New york) and you know, they really dont talk bad about the APBT and if anything they seem to show how great of a temperment it really has, esepcially when its highly emaciated, or completely covered in hundreds of ticks, etc. and to see those pit bulls when they are reunited with their owners (in the case of 2 dogs they took from 2 stupid punks who had stole the dogs and were trying to fight them ..oh It was heart wrenching for the dogs because those idiots knew nothing ..the dogs were only scratched a bit ) Well, they located the owner of a beatuful red nose and the dog was doing circles!! The owner was sitting down on a bench and the dog would jump up on the bench, lick her, almost do a back flip off the bench, jump up again, lick her..

So far I've only seen them put down one dog due to temperment..and it was sad because he was a beuatiful dog, he had been burned by acid or something they assume . He was deaf but nothing they did to win him over worked and he was aggressive and untrustworthy..they even called in behavorists to test him but you could clearly see he wouldnt have had a chance of being adopted.

One APBT they rescued had been starved for weeks..the owner had him tied up in the house and just quit feeding him. Nothing but skin and bones..and you could see every bone! they pup the dogi n the back of the police car and the dog proceeded to put its head on the shoulder of the officer while he was driving... and the officer petted him and commented on how great of a temperment the dog had.

Anyway.. its nice to see a show where they (whether they mean to or not) are showing that even under the worst of conditions, these dogs arent the vicious killers people make them out to be

2. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

good positive!

3. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

they would let me give rep point. dam! sorry.:) good post

4. yea, the only animal cops i can stand is new york, the other ones are complete garbage, (houston, miami, detroit) and i live in houston!!!!

5. Vador

Vador Big Dog

I watch those too. But only the new york ones. They show alot of pits and always seem to show respect for the dog...and not for the horrible owners. Alot of nice pits are shown on that show wouldnt mind taken a drive to nyc and bringen some home. I think most people who deal with dogs regularly know what the real apbt temperament is all about...most do. Anyways I'm not a regular of the show but it does have some good points.

6. CK-1

CK-1 Pup

I think most people who watch that show don't even give a thought to how sweet the dogs are, they only associate the pitbull with negitave things like starvation, and sickness....just makes pit owners appear to be horrible people. Just my opinion.

7. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Thats true too ck-1. But most of the pits on there are people lovers and if people who watch still believe things such as that then its there problem.

8. rocksteady

I live 50 miles from Detriot.. I dont even watch that one

9. crunK

crunK Pup

They find the most APBTs in Miami or Houston, but I can't agree with you that they let them keep the APBTs they are illigal in most parts of Miami. Everytime I watch Animal Police Miami they always take the APBTs to be humanly euthanized. Or give the owner of the APBTs a certain amount of days to remove the Pit bulls from that county that doesn't let you own APBTs. If they don't remove the APBTs they humanly euthanize it. It's sad but true. On one episode this officer said, "they have to humanly euthanize them because they tend to snap sometimes towards people and don't get along with other pets". I watch this show every day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  10. like i stated before.........animal cops is plain garbage..........(miami, houston, detroit = GARBAGE)

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I used to occasionaly watch them Houston & Miami ones, but on the Miami one approx. 2 weeks ago, the main guy said that "it is in their [pit bulls] nature to turn on people, that this is what they were bred for, & that there is no place in society for these [apbts] dogs". I tried to contact someone at Animal Planet, but they don't have the Miami show listed anymore, so I'm sure it was a rerun, but I don't know if it's canceled or not. However, I do like the New York one as they seem to try their best to adopt apbts out to good homes. And like many have posted before, they respect this breed.

12. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

My husband HATES the woman from Detriot.As soon as he hears her vioce his blood biols.Lol.You know how most of you guys get worked up about footbal??? HA that's him when she starts he B.S.If only you could see.

13. Irish_Deciple

Irish_Deciple Big Dog

I seen this episode as well. There was also a small brown and white APBT pup maybe 6-7 weeks old that was returned to a female after it was taken from her boyfriend. They did a little segment about how the APBT is a good dog for people if raised in the correct inviroment by the correct type people.The NY based show defintly has a different view of the breed then the narrow minded officers potrayed in other shows.

14. Irish_Deciple

Irish_Deciple Big Dog

I just finished watching an episode of Animal cops Miami: There was a Rot that weighed in over 100 pounds that bit the animal controll officer 2 different times producing bad injuries both times. This occured while he was trying to adopt it out to the public. After this happened the officers decided that they would send the tapes to a center and review them rather then to put the dog down and send the dog to a rehab type center to cure it of its aggresion.

I wonder if this much care and attention would be taken by the same officers if this dog was a AmStaff or an APBT? I agree Animal Cops Maimi, along with the others are garbage!

15. hell yea i saw that bullsh!t.............bit him twice and they still tried to save that damn dog, knocked his ass over that bench (lol)

16. rocksteady

???? We are talking about the New York one where they do adopt out APBTs ..not the Miami one... I think everyone here so far is in agreement that the Miami, Detriot and what not are bs compared to New York..

You must have missed the Miami episode where the officer said "They are vicious" ..and "they turn on people" If I'm not mistaken it was the episode where the 2 pit bulls were locked in some girls car.. the male was aggressive (the female was in heat) inside the car but when they let him out , he was fine..

17. CRG

CRG Top Dog

he's not the only one. i can't stand her either:mad:

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

rocksteady, that's the one I was also talking about. That came from the same a**hole's mouth that was bitten twice by that rottie & still decided that the dog would be a "good" dog for someone so they sent it to a rehab place. Could anyone get me the # to that animal control in Miami? I would just love to have a chance at them......

19. GT99

GT99 Pup

I agree, The New York show is the best one. Detroit shows alot of pitbulls, sometimes the investigators dont talk all bad about them but the Detroit Humane society will not give the dogs a chance at all, regardless of temperment they put them all down I do believe (could be wrong, have not watched it in awhile) The New York shelter is great as they try to give the dogs a chance and although they do not talk about all the great qualities and gho into great detail on the dogs, they do put them in a positive light.

Detroit seems to be a hot spot for dog fighting, In Canada Windsor is a hotspot, I figure they bring the dogs from detroit across the border to windsor as Canadian Laws are not as harsh. They have recently placed a ban on the dogs in windsor. This is where my pups came from, The dogs were from a bust in the area and the bitch was pregnant, she had alot of battle scars on her, alot of male dogs came out and alot were put down but I am not sure of the ped's these dogs had or which dog was the stud out of them. Not that it really matters to me as both pups will never "need" to prove their gameness if they have any. They are both going to be spoiled house dogs that get lots of love. They may look the part as I will condition the hell out of them but thats about it, good for their health and the extra excersize always seems to make a happier pitbull.

Its funny though how many ignorant people there are, they see the pups and love them now, but they always have to say "when they are older they can turn on their owners" and all that common BS. I have to give them a breif rundown on the media BS and the facts, I just say wait and see for yourself when they are older, they will impress the hell out of you and blow away all your misconceptions, you treat them the way they should be treated and you put a little effort in their training and you have the best breed in the world, I find the bond with humans a little stronger with pitbulls than some other breeds and they really are "do it all" type dogs, overall they tend to be healthier dogs and the best overall athletes in the canine world.