1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

anchor chain kennels???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by okeefes pit boss, Feb 17, 2010.

1. what do you think of their dogs.. anyone heard of them???

2. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

they have nice UKC type dogs.

3. APBTfan

APBTfan Big Dog

beautiful dogs.

4. Good person to work with. I have two from there, male and female. Great dogs with a great ped

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

are u talkin bout the one in stl?

6. I only know of 1 anchor chain kennels located in MO.

7. liquorice kid

liquorice kid Big Dog

Bullys, Bullys !

talking bout 24" heads with a gatourmouf !

tell me why they're not bullies !

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah stl, mo. and i guess it depends on what you're looking for. if u talk to the guy u can tell what ur gonna get just by the way he markets the dogs

9. popper

popper CH Dog

24 inch head... seems like dogs these days are all about head size

10. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I never heard of them until I read your post. But I have googled there kennel and read there website.

And what I think of them is they are people who want your money. And they have overpriced amstaffs. That is what I think of them. They claim to have american pit bull terriers which is clearly a lie. I looked at there 6 generation pedigree, and not a single dog has been matched within those 6 generations. They have amstaffs. Plane and simple. Not american pit bull terriers. So if your into APBTS, do not do any business with that kennel.

Cliffs:

-Overpriced dogs (My opinion)
    -They have amstaffs, but there website claims they are APBTs (FACT)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  11. popper

popper CH Dog

couldnt agree any more ....how much were they asking for a pup?

12. Yes they do very well in the UKC rings. They are big out west.

13. Jelet

Jelet Banned

It says

Key words : Will Vary and Starting at 1100.
    Salesmen language... Trying to hustle and such.

14. No hustling. If you want ear cropping and shipping or micro chip the price goes up. If not, the price stays.

But all the Castillo breeders have their price this high because they're good dogs. I know you might not agree, and thats okay, but to us who do like them understand why the prices are set this high.

15. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Castillo bred dogs tend to run incredibly large and over-sized - and that includes the ones from Anchor Chain. There's a girl on another forum who got a pup off of them. He's decent looking, but way to lippy and large. Plus, they had him cropped through the breeder and it has WAAAAY to much bell and no shape.

Plus, there aren't typically a ton of working or conformation titles on the dogs and no health testing (not that that's mandatory, but it is a useful tool!).

16. Shadow you might be talking about me :) He is a bit lippy, but really isn't that big. 18 inches at the withers, and about 60-65lbs unconditioned. And his ears don't have waaaay too much bell.

I love my boy though. People have their likes and dislikes, and thats cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  17. Here is my dog's picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

good looking dog you got

19. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

good looking am-staffs imo but way too much for a dog thats no better then the ones i seen sale for $500 jmo . most people thats new to the breed buy names an not dogs thats a shame alot of the better dogs get over looked because their owners do not peddle a name an have a catchy sales pitch

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: