1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

An email I just received from my cousin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Hey people...

I think I can control my fingers well enough now to let you all know what happened to me. I still have a little troulble with my right hand, but it's coming back, slowly.

First of all, let me go ahead and admit that what happened was stupid and could have been avoided but I failed to read the labels and nearly died because of it. Ok...there's a drink out on the market called Red Dawn...I thought, as did the others that were with me, that it was just another energy drink like Red Bull and so many others. Well, it's not. Actually, what it is, basically, is liquid Exstacy. (sp)

It clearly says on the bottle NOT TO BE INDUCED WITH ALCOHOL. Well, I didn't read the bottle and I was chasing it with Vodka shots. Now, I am NOT a drinking person and to drink like I was this night is totally out of character for me, but, for some reason I was in the mood...go figure.

To make a long story short, I was fine until I got up to go to bed...next thing I know, it's 14 days later and I'm waking up in the hospital. What happened after I got up to go bed I really don't know, except that the next day my daughter found me passed out in my closet...not breathing. It seems that for whatever reason, I went into the closet and proceeded to pass out, putting head through the wall.

I really don't know anything else except that I was out for 14 days and the doctors all told my family not to expect me to wake up. I quess God had other plans, because here I am. I completely believe that I died in that closet because I have a very clear memory of having an out-of-body experience and seeing myself laying on the floor covered in the stuff that was on my closet shelves.

I am a very lucky man to be alive right now and urge you and all your friends and loved ones to not be as stupid as I was. I have no one but myself to blame and I'm paying for my ignorance even now.
    I don't know what else to tell you, except that I know there is another side to this life, I saw it. Please...be careful, and let your friends and loved ones know how much they mean to you. We are not promised another chance past today.

Thank you all so much for your prayers...I still need them as I continue to recover.

2. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

Woww Marty...Hope everything gets back to "norm" for you. Looks like you already got past the worse of it.

3. Robert223

Robert223 Pup

Is he serious?:eek:

Thats some fucked up story right there man!
    All the best for the recovery!

I myself dont drink/smoke and i dont take ANY drugs!
    The ingredient list on the red dawn drink doesn't seem that bad...i mean its just all the herbal stuff you hear off nowadays like guarana, cola nut, and all the rest!

Here it is:
    http://www.worldclassnutrition.com/liqreddaw16o.html
    http://www.i-supplements.com/liredda16ozm.html

Could it be that it was an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients?
    Some more info:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5444063

Anyways, again all the best for the recovery of your cousin!

4. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Will pray for your cousin!

Sometimes if you mix something that acts like an upper with a downer (alcohol), it basically short circuits your brain and can cause your brain to 'forget' to send a signal breath and your body becomes rigid as if you had taken ketamine. This happened to my son's friend; we found him laying outside in the cold and drawing only one breath per minute. Couldn't even get him bent enough to get him seated in the car to rush him to hospital but had to put him in lengthwise he was so rigid. i thought for sure he had done K but it was alcohol and an OTC 'upper'. He almost died.

Never, ever mix these drinks with alcohol. They are unregulated because they are considered nutritional supplements so they don't have to prove their safety or efficacy or that they even have the ingedients on their label (could of had ephedra in it). Even redbull is not really good to mix with alcohol considering the amount usually involved. One redbull, probably ok. 10 not so good.

This is an over simplified explanation but you get the gist.

Thanks for sharing this Marty! You may save someone's life by sharing this story!

5. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Holy cow, man. Hope he's alright

6. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Ive known too many kids that died from mixin stuff with alcohol. Its a damn shame. There usually pills though. Just smoke one and pass out.....

7. Marty

Marty Guest

This should be a warning to you all :eek:

8. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Damn Marty our best wishes and we hope your cousin will be back on his feet soon.

9. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

Wow is all i can say!!

10. preme

preme CH Dog

sorry to hear that Marty hope u have a full healthy recovery..i just lit one up for you bro....puff puff..... peace:)