1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing pitbull Protection/Obedience Demonstration video...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Mathematic, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Good lord I was all over the map with spelling issues there - above should say Schutzhund sorry for the 20 different spellings in one post. :)

Just a little trivia for you, in Germany Schutzhund is still the chosen method of testing working ability and determining breeding worth. It is not a thing of the past at all. The fact that it is such a serious sport for them is why I find it a bit insulted the way American's have watered it down.

2. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

lol I don't have an answer for why someone else would want to compete in 2/3 if they can't actually get titles and be advanced in the sport and what not. BUT what I don't understand is why they would want to shell out the big bucks for it then! This training isn't cheap and is very time consuming so they must be getting something out of it. Maybe its the appeal of having total control over your dog?