1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing pitbull Protection/Obedience Demonstration video...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Mathematic, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Dont know if this was posted before or not but i thought it was good to share it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVx6Dlh8Gzo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVx6Dlh8Gzo[/ame]

2. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Thats amazing. Thats great to see a APBT trained that well and under total control.

3. Elmo

Elmo Big Dog

Just qurious,
    Does this stimulates ne human agression ?
    i mean, imo a real gamedog is a shit protection or guard dog,
    cause they just love humans to much.
    if you look at the sport that this animal ones was bred for this feature was a MUST. cause you cant handle a man eating dog.

ne one that can give me a quick insight/understanding about this protection work?
    cause at this moment im just like leave it to the german shepards and other breeds that were bred for it.

4. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

why would you want your pitbull to be aggressive towards human when you're asking for it?
    so he can attack someone when you feel threatened? what do you think will be in the newspapers.

5. tapiajr

tapiajr Banned

i will trian a dog to attack on comand if i felt thretend

6. Get another breed to do it, not the APBT. There are tons of breeds that have been specifically created and breed for protection work and to combat humans - use one of those breeds. Thank you, the end. :dogkiss:

7. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

Cause of moron's like you threres BSL

8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

thats one thing I cant stand, everything to breed shouldnt be about

9. aside from the protection(and i can understand why you guys feel this way)what do you guys think of the obedience part?

10. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Ive always been against the pitbull as a pp.Imo its more bsl ammo.Plus They aren't breed for that,and we got enough people breeding man biters.

11. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Obedience is is always good.

12. Elmo

Elmo Big Dog

Exactly this is what i wanted, i was afraid the majority of people were like Oh its great bla bla bla. No its not.
    A dog that is originaly created for Bullbaiting and later Dogfighting Should NEVER become a guardian or protection dog. why Cause it gots the body and skills of a top MMA fighter and even a more extreme determenation. So If it goes wrong, you end up with a dead man. and than BBC or CNN has another nice cover story.

@Tapiajr. I bet you fight like a girl, and call the cops on ne one that steels your bike instead of getting it back yourself.

Send your dog after somebody while you'r a Pitbull owner?

im speechless.

13. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

ok im going to be honest firstly alot of "protection" dogs werent originally used to do any kind of protection work most of them were herding dogs mostly..... they were used because they were obedient, smart and strong kinda like the APBT...bull dogs excel in bite work and really enjoy it...BUT i dont think they should do it only because of the image projected by the media seeing a bull dog go for a human is all CBS needs Oo and there not trained to be aggressive thats a common misconception the dogs are trained to not care either way about the person indifferent if you will. they are trained to trust no one but there owner and to do what they are told the end..:D

14. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

ehh. dogs trained to bite the burlap lol.... dog would probably shit himself in a real situation and owner would get fucked up and fire his trainer.

15. I would not say most, that is kind of an insult to the breeds that were specifically created and honed to be guardians, war dogs, and human protectors - quick examples include the Doberman Pinscher and many of the Molosser breeds. I understand many breeds such as Rottweilers have roots as herding breeds but that doesn't make it a fact for all. Some folks created breeds with the specific intent of making the ideal guardian.

16. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

My APBT pup is being trained in Schutzhund. This doesn't make her a "man biter" is makes her a dog who wants to grab the sleeve and tug it! Take away that sleeve and most SCH. dogs won't know what the heck to do.

17. That's what I thought they were demonstrating when I saw the video. I didn't see a "man-biter" dog. I saw a good demo of Schutzhund. I have friends that compete in it and the dogs are some of the most stable, loving pit bulls I have ever seen.

Of course, people can look at this video and think it would be so cool for their dog to "have their back" in a fight. These people shouldn't own a houseplant, much less a dog. Other than that idiotic branch of humanity, I see no problem with the sport they are demonstrating.

18. That may be true, but it is also a disgusting and sad statement at the same time - and a spit in the face to true Sch. trained dogs. As always America manages to turn a valuable and very intense training program into a "game" where in the end the dogs come out not even learning the job it was supposed to teach them. Sch was not developed to be a fun game of "tug the sleeve" it was developed as an intensive training program for protection dogs including bite work, obedience, and other intensive training. In its country of origin, Germany, the term even means "protection dog" the program was developed to showcase the working ability and talent of their guard dogs (GSD) and prove them worthy of breeding, much like a game test and matching would have been a historical test of worth for a fighting animal.

19. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Yes, GSDs may be a different story. If a GSD sees it all as a game and won't protect it's owner when called unpon, then I'd be concerned with my dogs temperament and workability. But for the various other breeds that compete (Pit Bulls, Labs, etc.) I don't see it as a problem to view the protection aspect as a "game". Heck the rules of Schutzhund today have changed so, you don't even need to compete in protection. It's been broken up into three different categories so you can just compete in Obedience and/or tracking if you wanted to so, yes it's no where near what it use to be back when it was the chosen method of testing a GSD.

20. You don't have to compete in all three categories, but I would like to point out that without passing trials in all 3 categories you dog will never so much as gain the Shuzthund I title, let alone complete the top level of Shuzthund work and training (Shc. III).

At that point why even do Schuzthund? Just so you can say you do it to sound cool? That is what it makes me think of, kind of like people who want to say they own an game dog just to "sound cool" but in reality they have a fat bully. If you are not competing in the whole sport, you are not competing in the sport - so why claim that your dog is in Shutzhund training when it really isn't true. Why would you not join a herding or obedience only club or sport where your dog could actually excel and progress through the ranking system?

(I understand you are obviously doing the protection category so please do not think my second paragraph is directed at YOU personally, the you in this case is just a "general")