1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Alternatives to canidae

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mac 11, Jul 28, 2008.

1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I've been feeding my dogs food with grains in them like barley and rice with no problems, hell the Innova has grains in it, hopefully my dogs continue to do good on these type of feeds

2. >BLAZE<

>BLAZE< Big Dog

Yeah, the grains didn't seem to bother mine either. I'm just always looking for something better. I think logically the grain-free food should be better considering grain was never a part of dogs diet in the wild...But who knows:confused: If they could talk it would make things a whole lot easier!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

LOL yea i feel that, damn dogs why can't they just tell us what they need :D

4. Hey BoiBoi.....Innova is being purchased by DIAMOND.....lmfao!!!!! Blind fear is no good, my young apprentice....lol

Fact: The recalls were only on CAN food.
    Fact: After any food recall, ingredient and cooking process is monitored much closer.

I think you guys are taking the Diamond thing to another extreme.:D

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

LOL jesus christ, are u serious, well damn i guess im pretty much stuck with something made by or owned by diamond dog foods, maybe i will try the new formula of Canidae after all, if that don't work i'll be trying different feeds

6. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

U know what, the hell with it, im done feeding this kibble bullshit, im switching to RAW ASAP

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

lol....now you're talkin!

8. This is a fact, back to what I was saying earlier. There are many foods that are made by and manufactured by Diamond. What do you expect? They are trying to overcome their lawsuit and get their name back. They will stop at no extreme, not in my opinion, anyhow.

Not to doubt you in any way, but you could please show proof of this? Do you have a link?

9. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Was lookin at orijen but the protien is high will this be harmful to a 35lb dog at 14 months

10. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I switched to Innova EVO Red meat...if that doesn't work well than I'll switch to Orijen. They've had EVO before and did fine though...but damn it's gonna cost a lot more!

11. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Taste of the Wild is a great food. So is the Premium Edge, both made by Diamond. They are rated 5 star on dog food analysis. Nice firm stools that are small. $40 for a 30lb bag. Dogs love it and their coats look great. I've tried the more expensive foods too and like this one best so far.

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  14. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Orijen

<table class="analysistable adult" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"><tbody><tr class="even"><td width="102">Protein</td> <td width="98">42.0% </td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>Fat</td> <td>16.0%</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I didnt know their protein was that high

I was going to feed it but I'll switch to regular Innova

15. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Feeding Wellness core now, she goes crazy for it.

16. smokey024

smokey024 Big Dog

I made the same switch the only thing is my girl has been having some monster dumps since the switch. I dont know if its from the food or the switch yet.

17. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I've been feeding Premium Edge skin and coat for awhile now. 18 lbs for about 24.00. Didn't even know it was made by Diamond for awhile! Its in small print on the bag. I feed my dog roughly 3 cups of food a day and the bag lasts almost a month.