1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allow me to re-introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gangsta, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

OK, my 2 pennies...What Gangsta has is what some hunters call southern catchdogs. Most of the hunters I know that utilize this cross prefer a 50/50 mix of AB/APBT. There is no arguing they are some fine working dogs...they call them southern catchdogs or bulldogs. Here's a link to a breed standard for southern catchdogs:

http://www.bbcdogregistry.com/index_files/Page1422.htm

Here's Rumbo, 50/50 cross bred by a buddy of mine. He caught his first hog, a 100 pounder, at 4 months old. This video was of his first exposure to PP.

http://my.break.com/Media/View.aspx?ContentID=137725

2. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

To gangster this must be an athletic bulldog too
    [​IMG]

*hold back a huge laugh at the mutt*

1 person likes this.
  3. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Look if my MUTT can do it, ur MUTT can do it too.. ya know.. be in SHAPE
    [​IMG]

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I dont know where people get their info....but ever since someone bred an Alaunt with some Terrier and then a White Terrier to the offspring and then tested and selectively bred then among themselves and began the APBT breed.....no other breeds have a hand in the APBT of today....and even the therory of what dogs made up the APBT of today is spotty...nobody is sure of the real mix and it has even been speculated the APBT of today is the original BULLDOG...which would eliminate many theories all together...etc...no other breeds have been used recently within hundreds of years in proven game dogs we all love and own now.....

Now understand this though....all dogs came from other dogs somewhere down the line...Like for instance a Great Dane is Mastiff and Greyhound...but you never call it a Greyhound mix...Dobes are Rotteweiler and German Pincher and Grey hound and Manchester Terrier...but you never associate those dogs with a Dobe and wouldnt call a Dobe a Mutt...But it takes at least 5 generations to make a seperate actual breed and maybe even more to get consistant results from many contributers and then to perfect that in its offspring.... These days people messing with the APBT gene pool to see what they can get is ignorant and cruel...all those needless mutts you create take away a home from a rescue mutt or even pure breed rescue that is no less valuable than the Custom Colored and Size tailored crap around today...We dont need them ..They have no rights to the name or history...and comparing the mixes that people do to get those mutts.... to the dogs that made the APBT originally is moronic....the APBT as a gamebred dog was already the creator of a vast genepool spread around the world by the 19th century and even back into the 15th century there is genetic matches in some dog skeletons to the current APBT.......so the dogs that it consists of no longer exist AT ALL....and are no longer even really part of their current genetics...remember it is possible for a dogs Grand parents to pass on NO GENETIC contribution to their Grandchildren....so after 100s of years of perfection and selective breeding what makes you think other breed genetics would still be there...they are not they have mutated into new unique genes making up the gamedog we all recognize today...get serious man.... the crap bred today has genes so loose and scattered I wouldnt be suprised if some come out that look like no type of APBT at all...and arent even colored right to the Blue mutt lovers...but some come out looking more like a mutt in ANYWHERE USA....we just never see those ones being posted up as a perfect specimen or even bragged about because it is a certain sign the genes it consists of are no better than any Tramp on the street...and that might flaw the image these designers want you to see. That image they want to give you is of the real deal APBT in Color and Size of your choice with all the game bred benefits ...and they are superb performers and better than the original ETC......BS.....get educated and shut up...any dog mixed or bred for color or size is no APBT it is a stone cold mutt with certain physical traits that let these peddlers call them APBT for a profit....we all know this is true and the rape of our breed is only because someone saw a way to make a buck...sell what the people want and make money...Face it anything other than a game bred APBT is not an APBT....thats that and the truth to the core.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yes he was close to a Blue mutts weight...he was 72 pounds I believe in condition...

6. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Well, if the above was for my benefit...Don't worry those dogs in my post above are bred as bulldogs with the specific purpose of catching feral hogs or cattle. Not represented as anything other than a working bulldog (not an APBT). They are definitely not bred to make a buck by the hunters that use them.

7. B

B CH Dog

More drama and bickering. Please try to start a thread without a problem "Gangsta".

B

1 person likes this.
  8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Don't think so. I don't know any serious/reputable hog dogger that would even think of using a hippo like that. They don't want to have to waste their suture material mending him or a bullet kindly finishing him off.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.