1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allow me to re-introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gangsta, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Once again I agree, we are in the same boat when it comes to politics. What's right? In your opinion what is right is to find certain bloodlines and keep those only huh? Nothing is right then, because APBTs' were crossed to be created. So the history of the APBT is two separate dogs to create a third. It hasn't stopped since and never will. Good luck trying to stop it.

2. 440rider

440rider Guest

Fat and lazy aside. Not my point and i dont believe that to be true with all mixed dogs. My point is that you DO NOT have an APBT! You have an american bulldog terrieror the likes of the mixing of the two. Also, since the APBT was introduced to the US the "true" APBT has not been bred to dogs other than APBT'S. See where i'm going with this. 2 seperate dogs back in the 1800's that produced APBT, well it's been APBT ever since you dont add another dog in and call it the same animal. I dont think you are grasping it.

3. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Excellent Post 440. Even my four year old daughter understood it.

Her response? She said the "big Pit Bulls" at the park are real American Pit Bull Terriers the way they were in the olden days, like Rumble, bred to American Bulldogs like Chance from Homeward bound to make bigger pitbulls.

This is the dog Rumble she is refering to. He probabably weighs 35lbs. with that collar on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

THATS RIDICULOUS. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A CUR. SOMETHING THAT TUCKS HIS TAIL AND RUNS WHEN SOMETHING DOESNT GO HIS WAY.

FIGHT FOR WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART, WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, AND NEVER STOP OR BACK DOWN.... I LIKE TO THINK THAT SOMEDAY I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HAVE A HEART LIKE THESE AMAZING DOGS DO.

I WONT EVER TUCK TAIL AND GIVE UP ON THESE DOGS AND WHAT I BELIEVE. THESE DOGS HAVE GONE THROUGH ROUGH TIMES AND CAME OUT SHINING LIKE THE NORTH STAR, TO MY DIEING DAY I WILL ALWAYS BE STRIVING TO KEEP THESE DOGS HOW THEY WERE MEANT TO BE.

I AM NOT GOING TO GO ALONG WITH THE "FADS" AND THINK THAT ITS ALRIGHT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF WHAT IS "IN AT THE SECOND".

THESE DOGS WERE MIXED DECADES AGO TO PRODUCE THE AMAZING ATHLETES THAT WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH NOW. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO MIX LESSER BREEDS IN WITH A PROPER BREEDING/CULLING PROGRAM.

I'VE SAID IT A THOUSAND TIMES, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, IF YOU WANT A STATUS SYMBOL/MONSTER OF A DOG, GET A DOG THAT WAS MEANT TO BE ONE AND DOESNT HAVE TO BE CHANGED FOR YOUR SPECIFIC "NEEDS"!!

JM2CENTS

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  5. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Oh no, I grasp it just well. My point is that dogmen have always crossed the terrier+bulldog with other breeds to adjust and increase it's athletic abilities and that is why we have a variety of the APBT. I for one do not like to label my dogs as APBTs' because of the reputation of that name. My dogs are bulldogs to me because a majority of their heritage is the same. It was not people like me who made the name bad, it was those dogmen many of you respect so much. My generation and others before me have just adopted and adjusted the same dogs that others before us did the same to.

6. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

It's not about going along with the fads. It's about personal preference. I found the dogs that I like and will continue on with the same line of dogs. It's not about status symbol or having a monsterous dog. I like bigger than normal bullies with high athletic abilities.

7. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Well if u want to take it to that level then all dogs are mixed. dogs originated from either wolves or wild dogs and mixing began to produce todays domestic dogs. After years of breeding and culling standards were devoloped to fit each dogs needs. Whats the standard of ur dog?

8. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

THEN WHY THE HELL NOT GO WITH A WORKING AMERICAN BULLDOG????? THEY WERE MEANT TO BE BIGGER, AND YES THEY CAN BE ATHLETIC. THEN YOU DONT HAVE THE NEED TO MIX THEM IN WITH YOUR DOGS TO GET THE SIZE YOU DESIRE....

9. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

I don't like their bite

10. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

My dogs are closely related to the APBT being that they have terrier and bulldog mixed. The earlier APBTs' were line bred and that created the dogs you so much love. The dogs I speak of were recently bred with the AB to re-create it's original image. I'm not sure how the first APBT looked but I'd guess and say it wasn't 35lbs or no small ass MF. What did the first APBT look like? Anyone?

11. 440rider

440rider Guest

You have a variety and size due to the offspring being larger and smaller and the different crossed blood within the true for of the apbt...outside dogs (terriers/bulldogs) were not introduced to breeding programs in the US. Sue some bred larger dog to larger dogs but not outcrossed breeds. You add different bloodlines of APBT to get specific traits you want in your animals hence outcrossing not outbreeding.

You are saying dogmen crossed APBT's into other breeds? Never heard of that one before...are you talking about the 1800's or since the APBT has been introduced to the US?

I dont think we are on the same page as far as terms and breed of dog were are in discussion about. Take care!

12. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

[​IMG]

Just an example, this is colby's pincher he was a 24XW and one of the first in america, his weight was no where close to ur dogs. this is a true apbt

13. 440rider

440rider Guest

this is pretty close....

1818 36lbs

Pilot was bred by John Holden of the Red Lion Inn, Park Street,Walsall England.Pilot was brought to America by Charlie Lloyd. Pilot gained fame when he defeated Louis Krieger's Crib on October 19,1881 outside Louisville, Kentucky for $1,000 a side.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?
    dog_id=12598

U.S. DOG..

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=5650

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

15. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

No one can know for definite, but it has been long rumored that some dog men back in those days did cross breed in that way. It's also rumored to have taken place more recently, and I'm not talking about the big blues, I'm talking up until the mid 70's. Let's say for instance, a careless accident took place and someone's winning dog knocks up or gets knocked up by a dog of a different breed. The owner evaluates the pups when they arrive, and sees that they have the look, and the right attitude. So he figures, what the hell, might as well test them. And perhaps one of the prospects turns out to be a great dog. If you don't think that's ever happened, you're kidding yourself. Just as if you don't think an unscrupulous breeder has done similar things intentionally and had good results, you're once again fooling yourself. This is in no way saying I agree with what people have done with this breed, but given human nature, you know people have conducted such "experiments" in the past. I find it unlikely that any such crosses resulted in anything worthwhile, but it is possible. But the formula has been perfected, no need to experiment any further IMO....

16. I would really like to know what you mean by this.

"It was not people like me who made the name bad, it was those dogmen many of you respect so much"

17. I dont know what you know about the apbt, but its not the dogmen that we love that causes the problems it is people like you. Imbreeding our dogs calling them apbt and those are the dogs that go out and kill someone. You tell me one famous dogmen that we love so mutch, that their dog got loos and killed someone or attacked someone. I would like to know one person.

18. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

No they wont. If it is rare in a pure APBT, what makes u think some mutt is going to be game.
    they might share the same back ground, but an English bulldog and APBT ARENT even close to eachother anymore. Along with most AmStaffs, Staffs, and etc

19. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

I don't understand why you think everyone "hates" your dog. No one is even attacking your dog or how he is bred, I for one just disagree with your ignorant philosophy of the breed. Dogmen have not crossed "other breeds" with the APBT to get any qualities. Especially not athleticism. This breed is certainly one of the gamest (if not THE gamest) breed of dog, and whilst breeding for this trait, dogmen have created some of the most athletic dogs you'll meet. Don't think my observations are blind. I've met many of those big dogs. A man down the street breeds them and has about 13 on his yard. From blues to reds. None of them are even close to being athletic by me or my dogs' standards. Homeboy, Texas has some of the finest bulldogs in the country. No, not fat overdone mutts, REAL bulldogs ranging from ~30-55lbs. By the way, you are definately uneducated about physical conditioning. Your dog is overweight and in no way in peak condition to do much of anything. Notice there is no definition in his body and his stomach hangs.

20. semo

semo Top Dog

this guy is just trying to start a flame war...

down with the troll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.