1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allow me to re-introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gangsta, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

First, I don't like only blue dogs. Any dog that can perform to my standards and keep up with my workout then it's a keeper.

Second, Where I'm from(TEXAS), there ain't many of those little APBTs' left.

Third, when you speak about challenges and so on, be realistic. You don't what dog I can pull out of my yard that is known for performance and you don't know what areas I work with my dogs in and vice versa.

Last, I never once said I own APBTs' and never have I labeled or will label my dogs as such. They are bulldogs to me and that's what I'll continue to call them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
    misterdogman likes this.
  2. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Hola,,,no hablo englas

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Third time will probaly be the charm...try again.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

I will be there in the afternoon. Be glad to check out your yard. And I know too many dog men in Texas to know that there are far more APBT than not. I am thinking your either in Houston or Dallas. I will be in Dallas TX about noon. Houston on Sunday. Next week I will be heading to the west side of that state for other business. What is your game. I will be in my stang with the real thang.

5. CB

CB CH Dog

LMFAO. Alright Atilla you are cut off tonight no more drinking.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

Dag and I was just getting warmed up. Crap. Honest I won't have no more. ah ya really sure like I wont crack one more beer. lol

7. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHHAA...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ROFFLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Good one, wanksta.

8. 440rider

440rider Guest

Let's go back to first.....
    APBT's came into existence in england from the breeding of a bulldog to an english terrier (and possibly a cross into an old spanish pointer but this from my understanding has not been confirmed.) Brought to american in the nineteenth century after dogfighting and bull baiting were outlawed in england ..and what was called pit bull terrier developed into the american pit bull terrier....and onward the breed went...UNTIL TODAY!
    From 1900 to 1975 or so, there was probably a very small and gradual increment in the average weight of APBTs over the years, without any corresponding loss in performance abilities. But now that the vast majority of APBTs are no longer performance-bred to the traditional pit standard (understandably, since the traditional performance test, the pit contest itself, is now a felony), the American axiom of "Bigger is Better" has taken over in the breeding practices of the many neophyte/novice/inexperienced breeders who joined the bandwagon of the dog's popularity in the 1980s. This has resulted in a ballooning of the average size of APBTs in the last 15 years--a harmful phenomenon for the breed....
    APBT dogs were crossed into other breeds of dogs to develop bone structure and size resulting in what one would call a mixed breed or outcrossed breed of dog..developing new traits, tempermants and characteristics. This turned out to be harmful to the APBT because these animals were still being labeled as pitbull terriers even though they have been bred into a different breed of dog.
    To some and most of these owners of the large "my style of dog" types they want the mystique of the APBT but again want one that is bigger..again the bigger is badder! Although in this case bigger is not badder..maybe in the sense of temperament but not in physical abilities and all that goes with the true APBT as it was brought to the states in the 19th century.
    I have no problem with with mastiff's, cane corso's, american bulldog's etc. or the owners of such breeds of dog...these dogs are of a specific breed and not being passed of as another. The problem with the mixed bred APBT (100+lb blue ..pick a color dogs) is that they are not APBT anymore after you outbreed to another breed of dog. They take on the traits of both breeds and develop into a new breed or mixed breed, but they are still being called APBT...DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU..REALLY???
    APBT + APBT = APBT
    APBT + OTHER BREED = APBT/OTHER BREED...
    Not to hard to understand...it's just not a pure bred dog anymore unless line bred for years which then becomes a NEW BREED not APBT OR OTHER BREED it's a new cross, a new breed and should take on a new name......... APBT IS TAKEN.
    GOOD LUCK, TAKE CARE!

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Very good poinst so early in the morn...that deserves rep for the great points...enjoy my brudda

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well it says I gotta spread rep to others before yu...I guess it has a bias program...but nobody is worthy right now or im to tired to care...so I owe you a rain check....but real good post...very valid points yo made...I owe you rep...dont let me forget...

11. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

The APBT was crossed with the bulldog and the terrier. The modern version of the APBT has been modified since the late 70s', early 80s' because many of the APBTs' that were then around were not up to par with the likings of the newer generation. This breed has endured ongoing changes since it's existence and because you may like it one way doesn't make it the right way. The breed is only hurt when something other than a bulldog or terrier is mixed in the gene pool(i.e. mastiff, english bulldogs). These dogs are going to continue to change whether you like it or not.
    Gameness will always be found burning within many of these dogs because whether you like it or not they share the same heritage.

12. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

WHAT, dude then explain to us all how the hell those popular blue dogs got so damn big with so many health problems. Ur tellin me that they have nothin mixed in to make them that way, are u a little slow in the head. Listen u come on this board trying to preach ur fat shit worthless dogs as being comparable to our gamedogs, but u most not know shit about gamedogs if u make a statment like that. Why don't u stick around and shut ur mouth, just read and do research and u will see that gamedogs and those others have nothing alike, if u can't stand the truth then why don't u leave, there are plenty of blue hippo forums out there were u can go talk about ur obese lazy pretty dogs.

13. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Never said nothing wasn't mixed. Go read the post again. I said they are mixed and why does everyone automatically refer to blues when I speak of bigger dogs. I myself don't like blues because they just came about for their color. If happens to have a nice blue then I'll accept it. Many of the dogs I get have mixed with American Bulldog in at least 1 generation. About every other generation has an American Bulldog mixed in. The dogs of my likings are far from fat and lazy.

14. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

ok then so u don't like blues, thats fine but why are u intent on breeding a mutt. As much as u would like it ur mixed dog will not become its own breed no time soon because of the many variations of dogs like that. U can go to any shelter and find a dog that will look something like that, why just continue to add to the over population problem, many dogs are put down every day because of people like u who want to try and re-invent the wheel. Listen each breed was created for a purpose, and that breed is the best at what it does. Another problem is that people like u and others that breed for their own standards don't really care about health so most of the dogs have major health issues which leads to being put down. U say ur dogs are not the same as the big hippo blues, then what the hell are ur dogs. If they aren't pure then they are just mutts which fall into the same category as the big blues.

15. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

What? Breed? Who said I breed or have ever bred. I get my dogs from breeders who been in the game for several years and use re-occurring methods.I for one will not breed because like you said too many people are doing it. I do contribute to the change of the breed which started before I was even born.

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Gangsta has one valid point here. This breed has been changed, modified, and cross-bred for hundreds of years. That is the main reason why AKC would not recognize the APBT, they did not consider it to be a "pure breed". This is because breeders way back when had in fact outcrossed with different breeds in hopes of improving one or more qualities of their dogs. By isolating part of the breed and giving it a new name and a new function (show rather than fighting) encouraged breeders of the new American Staffordshire Terrier to keep their blood pure. APBT's have always been like "purebred mutts". Now, I for one think the correct formula has been established and there's no more need to introduce any other breed into this one, but that's not going to stop people from doing it unfortunately. I don't think these new 110 lb monstrosities should be called APBT's, but some dogmen of old did partake in the unscrupulous act of cross-breeding in this manner, and they didn't change what they called them....

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well by supporting those breeders u are just adding to the problem. U can go to any shelter and find a dog that looks like anything any of those back yard breeders are creating.

18. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Well said, it is not I who created the dogs you consider beast. I have never seen a dog in person weighing over 90lbs, except for the internet. These breeds are going to continue to change and I have no problem getting a dog from someone who produces and have consistently produced athletic bullies. The smaller ones just get tossed up in the air and drop where they were thrown. It'll probably happen to the bigger ones if someone can lift them.:p

19. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

BYBs' are puppy peddlers and I do not deal with them. As far as me adding the problem then I'm just one more on your shitlist of millions and many more to come. Don't waste so much energy hating what you can't control trying to control what you can't stop.

20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Hey we know there is nothing we can do to stop it because people like that are hard headed and don't really care what is right. The only main problem is that those type of dogs are associated with our gamedogs because people think they are pitbulls and when they fu** up and kill a baby because of no temperment testing then the blame goes around to both our true apbt's and those things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.