1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allergic to dry food or something

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Iceberg, May 17, 2013.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Banned

My puppy has a really bad dry skin and hair loss under his front legs ,belly and back.... This is a first for me... Help needed and wanted.........:wagtail: I feed him Purina One and dog chow ......Only 1 puppy of 4.... Can I get some help

2. Elliehanna

Elliehanna Big Dog

I would swap them to a grain free diet, and probably get a skin scraping done to make sure its not mange

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

How many dogs do you have Iceberg?

4. Iceberg

Iceberg Banned

I have 5plus

5. Iceberg

Iceberg Banned

. Only one puppy is effected

6. Elliehanna

Elliehanna Big Dog

yea, only one pup is showing signs, I would swap all them to a grain free kibble, and have the one pup tested

7. Epona

Epona Banned

feed em raw, and see what happens

8. Iceberg

Iceberg Banned

Monday at 2:30...appointment

9. Iceberg

Iceberg Banned

Vet bills are ugly.......

10. united

united Banned

Symptom's sound similar to what one of mine had as a pup. Mine had an allergy to gr*** not food. Predesolone tab's and malaseb shampoo was what I was prescribed.

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Belive me try to Soak your kibble in hot tap water!! for 40 min then feed it to the pups. ofthen pups and older dogs have a problem diguesting higher levels of protien due to not being able to get enoughf seliva in the feed. and there system can not provide enoughf fluid to get the same water to raw meat ratio.. the lack of amino acids realeased from the dry kibble prevends the dogs system to ubsorb and prosses the break douwn the protien resulting in protien poison. also genetics can be the problem tighter bred dogs with lesser hybrid viger suffer more from it.. Performer rpm health tonic with the soakt kibble wil do the trick 8 out of 10 times..