1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ ,Thinking about adding a new section to the site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ColbyDogs, Mar 31, 2009.

?

Would you like a "Pit" or "Box" section to hash out your disagreements ?

1. Yes I love the idea

44 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No I do not like this idea

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I don't miss some of the arguing there,but I miss some things about ROM.They really got rid of several forums,anything to do with bulldogs.

2. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Only if someone would have come up with this idea awhile ago some of the more knowledgable people that used to post on this forum would still be with us..
    Good idea ColbyDogs..

3. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

Nah,Marty leave that to pm's

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

This idea has been around for a bit, not sure if we should venture down this path or not, the one thing that I see that favors this kind of thing is allow our members to hash it out without fear of the auhthority within to be the judge and juror. It could be good or it could be bad, the one thing that we honestly would be hoping for is to allow threads to stay intact without closing them. People no matter how much we repremand them seem to find themselves pushing those boundaries, this kind of format will allow those members to finally say what they always ( or have been saying ) wanted to say all along to whom they are discontent with.

I do not expect things to get down to my charge vs your charge, if it gets that far then personally you fail at the internet and have no business verbally sparring with anyone.

5. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

I feel the same way on both.I like rom alot.

6. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i think the probability of someone saying some stupid ignorant shit they know they shouldn't be saying over the net is pretty high with this new idea. i personally don't like several members, lol, so i look forward to the possibility of being able to hash out some of my own personal qualms here.

and on a side note, if people are given the chance to call out some of these internet wannabe doggers, it will likely clean the place up. JMO :cool:

CRK

7. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

so what goes on some one will call you to the pit? like the person who's had there fill of you

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I personally think it will end up "fighting fire with fire" and a lot of people are going to get ticked off, feelings hurt or leaving the board. Plus a place called the pit or box on a game dog forum looks a little suspicious to outsiders who only visit the forum to stir up dust and get info on what they think are dog fighters.

9. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Pretty much and or we the mods & admins will direct you to take it there.

10. masta of game

masta of game Banned

never, leave it the way it is....

i vote no

11. pitbullcliff

pitbullcliff Banned

I say people should take there grips to email or PMs. Trust me after "trying" to moderate Peds Online with no help from forum owner for the last 3 years it is not a pretty thing to see peoples dirty laundry aired on a message board. Everyone is a internet badass when hiding behind a keyboard and they will say all kinds of stupid sh## that doesn't belong on a public forum.
    Just my opinion, Cliff

12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I think you'll get the good and the bad with this, It's a good idea to try to make a specific place for people to bicker to try to keep the other threads on topic,, however with the good will come the bad and I think people will start freely saying alot of stupid sh*t that shouldn't be posted in an open forum. Give it a try, worst case senerio you have to lock the thread down if it don't go the way the mods intended. Will the mods remove posts deemed inapropriate, like weights being called or peoples names and buisness being posted?:confused:

13. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I think the pit or box would be fun but if we need to stay undercover Pit = ditch or Trench or abyss and box = sachet or container (thats lame though) if we want it to sound more like the healthy aspect of our dogs past how about the “ Keep Zone “ the place to work out our view points

And of coarse case sensitive subjects that could further wreck APBT image needs to be obeyed , as it is the desire that no negative statements about pit community‘s people in charge , certain aspects of the APBT will need certain protection as well

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

All major rules will apply in regards to your last sentence, illegal is still illegal and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. The idea behind it is to allow our members to verbally chastise each other with no gloves on to avoid mucking up all the threads that we eventually end up locking over person attacks and insults. If you wanna call someones mama a "fat ho" all the power to you, I honestly do not care what people say to each other in the pit as long as they are doing the fighting for themselves without the challange of thier charge. If anyone does that then I think we will revoke that members privilage to this site, it will be the simplest of rules to follow.

We still would need to iron any wrinkles and what is permitted and what is not however the thought is to really have very little rules at all. The couple things that will be asked is that 1) no member will call out any of the staff due to us being barred from participation 2) no bashig of the site and 3) absolutely no calling of weights or mention of illegal activities.

15. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I don't see where insults and personal attacks fit into a debate. And bringing other peoples pets in and insulting them as well. Well if your like me, your dog is part of your family and you don't F with my family. Talk about me, but don't talk about my dog. She is innocent.

16. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

The more I think about the more I like the idea.I have no desire to argue online with someone when I can't do more than argue.just back and forth name calling.But for the people that want to argue it'll be the most fun part of the forum and they'll stay there most of the time probaly.And for the rest of us that want to talk dogs or actually learn something it'll clean them threads up hopefully.And if it don't work out it can always be shut down.Hope it works out good.I'm sure the mods won't let weights be called,doing that stuff online for the world to see is asking for trouble.And I'd like to think we have a smart bunch here,for the most part anyway:)

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I wouldn't worry about the name.If you try and stay PC all the time your bulldog is going to be called a poodle.Call it like it is.

18. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Well they certainly do not fit into many of the threads but somehow it always seems to happen that way all the time anyways. Atleast this way here it can be contained into one area were it will be permitted.

I'll ask you this, knowing that people say mean stuff anyways would you rather have it mess up a relatively good thread and have that thread get locked and members banned or would you rather have all the insults in one area that is designated for it ? Niether is not an answer, I am asking you point blank which of the two evils do you prefer.

19. familydude

familydude Big Dog

i think its a good idea so long as people are smart. I believe they had this on another forum but it is now shut down. So people just have to watch theirselves.

20. Marty

Marty Guest

OK I'm/were going to run it as a temporary fix and see how it goes, if it to much for the forum it will be taken down ;)