1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ ,Thinking about adding a new section to the site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ColbyDogs, Mar 31, 2009.

?

Would you like a "Pit" or "Box" section to hash out your disagreements ?

1. Yes I love the idea

44 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No I do not like this idea

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Seeing how some people find it hard to take thier personal beefs to PM's where they should be the staff and I over much debate are currently thinking about adding a new section to the site. This section will be lables "The Pit" or "The Box" , this will allow members the chance to freely sling mud at one another and settle thier arguments. This section will not be for bashing of the site or for bashing of the mods. Those are going to be the major rules ( a couple other rules may be added ) and just to keep it fair the Mods are going to be barred from participation. If you have an issue with any of Game-dog staff you can either take it to PM's or contact Marty or myself, BASHING OF THE SITE OR THOSE WHO HELP RUN IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON ANY LEVEL.

With this new section being implemented we would hope to reduce the drama to one section that will keep otherwise decent threads from getting locked. If a thread or a poster bothers you, you can settle it in a public section ( which appears some of you enjoy doing as it is )that will be designed for that sort of thing. At no point do we expect to see any drama from the "The Pit" to spill over into any other section of this site. We are making this simple for you who choose to participate, keep it in your designated area and keep the rest of the website drama free. If that cannot be respected after designing a playground for mud slinging then we will take action against those who cannot follow that simple request.

I placed a poll up, either yes your for it or no your against it.

Your thoughts, ideas, opinions and concerns are welcomed to this thread.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Re: Thinking about adding a new section to the site

I think it would be a good thing to do.:cool:

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Sounds fine to me if that's what everybody would like.I just hope it don't get like some other APBT message boards where all people do is argue and there's very little useful information.I've seen very few arguments actually get settled on the phone or on the internet.Face to face,yes but not with words,sticks and stones etc.But if it'll take the bickering and fussing to one place and clean up the rest fine with me.

4. Yep, and any thread that gets out of control should be moved to "The Pit".

5. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Actually that is not the idea, the person wth the problem should take thier issue to the pit to not have thier drama unfold in the thread that started it. If we move the whole thread then that kind of defeats the purpose of creating the pit in the first place. We want the issues to be left out of the threads completely, all it does is take from the thread when we lock it down. Many good threads get closed due to people not being able to keep thier personal attacks out of them thus killing whatever good thread that might have been taking place.

This is a way to allow people to voice thier thought and opinion of each other without being banned. I know we have lost a few good members over personal disputes with other posters, we know we cannot completely stop it however with a section dedicated to those who feel the need to use may do so without fear of repercushion of the staff.

6. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Not a big fan of the idea. People should be mature enough to use pm. However, since it hasn't necessarily worked that way it may make it more containable. I have to think on it.

That forum should only be viewable by members and people should have to opt in sorta like activating your pm. No one should be forced to have to defend themselves in a public if they prefer pm. Maybe even charge a buck for every x number of posts in it, might weed out some of the more ignorant stuff. May be too complicated though.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i dont expect to use it often anyway...ive got too little free time when the spring rolls around. besides, i still would probably be even more pissed, cuz i like to settle my disputes face to face.;)

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

besides, i dont come here anticipating trouble that cant be handled thru PMs

9. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Trust us , we have thought about this, it will either do what we hope it will ( keep the drama in one area and out of the good threads ) or it will fail, and if it fails then it will be gone and we will go back to banning people at will.

Well if they are willing to enage in a PM battle then doing it in the open probably will not sway them either way. The one point and probably a rule, if a person does not wish to engage then the person with the original issue will just have to let it die. There is nothing wrong with "jumping the box" but if that person does decide not to engage then maybe they will think twice about what it is that they posted in the first place that started all of the comotion to begin with and will show everyone what kind of a curr they are by starting shit and not backing it up. JMO

The people with issues will either deal with it in the pit or drop it, we will be giving those who cannot contain themselves to format to deal with thier issues and if the other person does not oblige then its over and that person who took it to the pit can feel the satisfaction of a virtual victory.

10. Marty

Marty Guest

This is just something the staff is kicking around to put a stop to all the BS on the forums.

I/we seem to talk till were blue in the face and it just keeps happening :confused:

11. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

What's up Colbydogs??? How are the hounds??? Putting our differences aside, I would really like to see some of your hounds&peds.

I do not think this will be a good idea because these boards are being monitored, and in the heat of the moment people tend to say stupid things. Next thing you know weights will be called, and God knows what else, and there will be an even bigger mess.

Plus this forum will instantly become the leader in less then a month as far as post go.

12. Marty

Marty Guest

BKNLS this was my idea just so you know, and it don't have to happen and as I said it's to cut down on the BS on the forums is all ;)

In no part of the site will weights be called I can assure you of that!

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

w/ out a referee this will be pandamonium imho. i think we just need to take a hard line enforcing the rules we have inplace.
    people get a week off they might think twice before hitting ENTER

14. Marty

Marty Guest

It was just an idea RR ;)

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

oh i know- i have just seen how things of that nature go downhill real fast on other forums- and here we are dealing w/ a bit more touchy subject matter than "my car is faster than yours" or "your styling sucks-your car is garbage".
    just a thought though

16. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

I understand...like RR said leave that mess for the other forums. I actually like coming here to escape from that, and for the peace and tranquility :). But things are getting out of hand.

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

That's one thing I don't like about some of the other apbt sites,internet doggers running off at the mouth.There's a few here that sometimes I think just wants to argue,can't seem to help on the post,just redirect it in a totally different direction from the original post.Then the thread either gets closed or people just get tired of it.But overall I think most here are alright and this is a great forum and nice place to talk dogs.I just hope the few bad apples don't ruin it for the rest of us.Argueing online is a hard thing to win or loose.A 125 pound kid can cuss out Mike Tyson online and it could pretty much go on forever with no winner.Kind of pointless,but there's been alot of it and I see why this addition to the site has been mentioned.This is by far the best game dog forum online,not perfect but Marty and the Mods are doing a good job.

18. Marty

Marty Guest

Yeah it is getting out of hand and we/I been dealing with it for yrs, so this was just a thought to put an end to it because were all at our wits(sp) end :rolleyes:

19. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I had a short chat with smokin hemi yesterday and I think we agreed that if a person feels a certain way about sumthin they will not change their way of thinkin bcuz of sumthin someone on the internet says.. But I don't oppose to it... I think the biggest arguements have been people defining their dogs as sumthin their not.....and my bad for the other day colby dogs

20. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

I hear ya rallyracer.I remember registerofmerit, golley it used to get crazy in there. stupid arguments would end up in weights being called and such.I think it would be cool Colbydogs, just have to be heavily monitored.