1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

All I Want For Christmas Is

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DryCreek, Dec 23, 2007.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY CHARTER RIGHTS & FREEDOMS

by Publisher on Sat 22 Dec 2007 02:03 PM EST | Permanent Link | Cosmos
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ah, a properly sized Santa[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It's Christmastime again. Like most atheists, I celebrate Christmas and enjoy the special things that make it fun at the beginning of Winter.[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the past few years I haven't felt very festive for some reason.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'm not depressed, quite the opposite, I'm fully of energy and determination.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I think it might be the Ontario dog ownership ban. It's kind of getting on my nerves and nothing seems very important in comparison.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I see that Bryant, our former (and unmissed but unfortunately still sitting) Attorney General is now grandstanding as Minister of Aboriginal Affairs. Mazel Tov, First Nations, he's your problem now![/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik! Ve Vill Ask Ze Kvestiunz!"[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We had an ugly incident here in Ontario at Ipperwash Provincial Park about ten years ago. A protestor trying to protect an ancient burial ground was shot and killed by an OPP officer. His name was Dudley George and his shocking death became symbolic of the cause for First Nations' rights in this country.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bryant officially gave the park to the First Nations band this week. Great media op of course, easy enough to do but we'll have to wait to see whether or not this action will help to turn the tide towards fairness and justice in Ontario for everyone embroiled in the land claims issue.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Inquisition Tribunal, Franciso da Goya[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Speaking of justice in Ontario, dog owners don't see much of that these days.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our civil rights have been removed by this selfsame Bryant and his blithering band of bootlicks.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]You see, the people we elected to represent our interests believe in mythology and black magic. So do the yapping curs who follow at their heels, cashing in on the 'pit bull' bonanza.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that complex behavioural patterns are inheritable, even among familialy unrelated animals.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that laws banning shapes of dogs will solve the overblown problem of dog bites and attacks.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that physical shape and behavioural shape are inextricably linked.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that there is a breed of dog named 'pit bull terrier'.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that breed means species, ie, that a breed is a different animal, not the same animal in a different shape, size or colour.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that adding more regulations will solve a perceived problem, even though the regulations that already existed were not enforced.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that dogs, as sentient and sensitive living creatures, are unworthy of consideration or kindness if they happen to be born a particular shape.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that if a dog just looks like other dogs, then he has preternatural powers and a physiology so unique that he is really not a dog at all.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They believe that a media report is equivalent to facts and science.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Driven by such magical beliefs and others, these empty-headed people have ruined the lives of thousands, if not tens of thousands, of law-abiding responsible citizens in Ontario.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They dig up cranks who are not current on the subject but have some dusty academic credentials to provide support for the unsupportable. They even consult dog-catchers and consider them authorities.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They tell lies to the sleeping public, lies which are so transparent that a child could see through them but a child has a way of brushing away the fluff to get to the truth. Adults are hypnotized by endless trivial details, by deliberately fabricated stories, by hyperbole and fear-mongering and emotion, all of which distract attention from the real agenda. [/font]

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

continued...

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*[/font]​

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario who happen to own dogs are now subject to unequal treatment before the law.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario who happen to own dogs are open to unreasonable search and seizure, including entry into their house without a warrant.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario are prevented from moving and locating freely within Ontario if they own a vaguely defined shape of dog.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario are presumed guilty of owning a nonexistent breed of dog and have the burden of proving an impossible negative - that their dog is not a 'pit bull' - in a hearing.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario who happen to own dogs have no way of knowing whether or not they are affected by this dastardly law.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario who think they may own a scapegoat red herring 'pit bull' must endure public humiliation by having to muzzle their friendly, obedient dog in public. If they don't, they risk their dog's life, even if the dog has lived in a neighbourhood for ten years and has never behaved badly. Even if a dog is just a puppy who hasn't had time to learn anything yet. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Not that there are many of those around, since any puppies born after November 27, 2005 are to be automatically killed, shipped out of province or sent to a 'what-if' research facility. No, you don't see many puppies, at least not that kind, anymore.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario are subject to harassment, vandalism, assault and threats against their pets and themselves all because a wilfully ignorant legislator made rabble-rousing statements, all untrue, about ticking time bombs and inherently dangerous beasts and so on and so forth so the pot reached a rolling boil in short order and he couldn't figure out how to put the lid back on without being exposed as a fool. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It was all about him, after all.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]My fellow citizens in Ontario who happen to own dogs are presented with an endless stream of inaccurate, opinionated, unsubstantiated yellow journalism which generates web hits and print sales and radio audience for the braying asses who spew it. I'm sure they find it great fun to spread bigoted propaganda against responsible people who have done nothing wrong. I'll bet they yuck it up in the newsroom when the letters start to pour in as dog owners of all breeds and shapes try to educate them, set them straight, give them the real goods. Har har har, it's so funny to get the dog owners all riled up and then ignore them, must drive them nuts. Har har har. Hee haw. Honk honk.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Oh, and over 2,000 dogs have been put to death in Ontario since 2005 because of their physical appearance alone. Har har har.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So there you have it.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Unequal before the law, subject to unreasonable search and seizure, discrimination, stigmatization, reversal of the burden of proof, restrictions on mobility and more. Hated by the ignorant, loved by the ignorant, dog owners are living in a nightmare they didn't foresee and dogs are being treated shamefully by supposedly civilized people.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*[/font]​

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Dear Santa Claus, [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sorry I haven't kept in touch. I know it's been decades since I last wrote but I just had to do it this year.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'd really like one thing if you can swing it. You are the guy who delivers, after all.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'd like my civil rights back.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'd like the unconstitutional dog ownership ban in Ontario repealed, overturned, torn up and thrown away, run out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered, blowed up good, whatever you think would be best.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I don't want to seem greedy but there is more. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'd like the guilty to pay for what they have done to the innocent on two legs and four. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'd like a public apology from our legislators for the evil they have wrought through their wilful ignorance and blind self-interest. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]And for my friend who is too shy to write, I'd like to see a law enacted that results in the immediate dismissal of any member of the Legislature who drafts or votes in favour of legislation that is found to be unconstitutional.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Is that too much to ask?[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I hope not because it's really all I want for Christmas. Preferably Christmas 2007 but if you can't swing it this year, I can wait.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]No matter how long it takes.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Merry Christmas Santa Claus, and have a safe trip![/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Your old friend,[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Caveat the Blogger (who's still a kid at heart)[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures/kid&dogs.jpg[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]To see more old-time pix, visit[/font]​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THAT would be the ultimate in Christmas gifts, so, I'm asking for the same, it's been over 30 years since I last asked Santa for anything....:cool:

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I was reading with full attention up until atheist and for some reason quit reading.....
    Merry Christmas

4. Marty

Marty Guest

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

About the Author: As a former atheist, Marilyn Adamson found it difficult to refute the continuously answered prayers and quality of life of a close friend. In challenging the beliefs of her friend, Marilyn was amazed to learn the wealth of objective evidence pointing to the existence of God. After about a year of persistent questioning, she responded to God's offer to come into her life and has found faith in Him to be constantly substantiated and greatly rewarding

Merry Christmas from me ;)

5. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

That's a darn shame misterdogman, it was actually a very good blog that had little to do with religion or Christmas, but more to do with showing what it's like to live in post BSL Ontario.

It's very unfortunate for those that love the breed. You can't just move a couple of towns over to get away from it (unless you live right on the border and are okay moving to a different province LOL) Is there any state in the US of A that has state wide BSL yet?

If you don't want to read the whole blog, I understand. Here, to me, is the most important part!

Merry Christmas :)

Edited to add....

Thanks for the link Marty, very interesting read! ;)

6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

DryCreek, for whatever you believe, I hope the year ahead will be brighter than the one just passed. I come from a very religous family and who knows if the "Big Bang" theory is true or not. Who knows if all the words in the Bible are true or not. Who really knows? We were not there when the Bible was written. There is fact that species do evolve. Just believe in yourself and to thine own heart be true. Celebrate your life because you have it. Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to you.