1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

All Ages Dry Foods...

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by dunlap, Jun 2, 2007.

1. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I looked where I get my dog's food yesterday and they don't sell Canidae...the closest* place that has it is over a 100 miles away and that aint gonna happen. What are some other good dry foods at a decent price that are for dogs at any ages. Keep in mind that I use about 175lbs. a week and aint exactly roll'n in $$$

2. MoEttaWinnyMOM

MoEttaWinnyMOM Big Dog

california natural is a good one.

3. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Yeah, California Natural is good ...and expensive, lol.

The only thing I can think of is Petsmart's brand, Authority. 25 bucks for 40lbs. Not a great food, but not the worst either. Oh, but I only recommend the lamb formula though --the chicken one has ground corn as the third ingredient listed-- unless you go with the Harvest Baked, which is 30 bucks for 35lbs, I think.

4. MoEttaWinnyMOM

MoEttaWinnyMOM Big Dog

hmm. i think it is cheaper than cannidae but i have noticed some of the brand pricing varies by where and what area you are from. here cal natural is about $32 for a 36 lbs.

5. NC

NC CH Dog

Kirkland's signature.. Lamb, rice, and vegetable formula. $19 for 40lbs at Costco. Good quality, no corn, no by products, easy on the wallet.

6. Exceed is a decent food. Its $22 for a 44lb bag. You can find it at Sams Club.

7. KingCapo

KingCapo Pup

with my petsmart card i pick up nutro max adult 35lbs for 19

8. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I checked out Exceed today while I was in picking up a few things. The first few ingredients were chicken, corn meal, chicken by-products, & it just got crappier from there.

Don't get me wrong here, but money is extremely tight (basically non-existant) right now at my house as my husband was laid off yesterday & I'm a stay-at-home mom although I just recently took a part time job 2 weeks ago. Due to that fact, instead of us feeding all our dogs crappy food, we made the tough decision to relocate 3 dogs for right now & 2 more will be headed over to my parents next week. IMO, if you cannot afford to feed the dogs you own a quality food, then you have to many dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
    NC likes this.
  10. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

That right there says it all.

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

[font=Verdana','sans-serif]I’d say your best bet is to drive and get the Canidae. It’s one of the best foods on the market and I’ve never once seen a dog that didn’t do well on it. Those that claim their dogs didn’t do well on it don’t know about nutrition and if you look they are constantly changing foods…should speak volumes to you! Plus they use made up internet kibble ratings to judge their kibble…just look at how many waste money on Timber Wolf. LoL Not sure what part of East Texas you’re in but they have a distribution center in Garland. Just buy 20 bags at a time and you’ll only be making 1 trip a month. Along with being one of the best kibbles on the market for more than a decade isn’t enough reason to switch they have a “breeder’s package” and will basically give a free bag for every 10 you buy…drops the price even more. If they don’t still offer it, let me know and I’ll dig up my old one and email it to you so you can get the discount. One road trip a month isn’t a high price to pay for giving your dog’s optimal nutrition and health! Also you can use that road trip to justify stopping in Bass Pro Shop being it’s in the same town (Garland). <O:p</O:p[/font]

12. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

how about timberwolf organics, they deliver it right to your door plus you'll probably end up paying the same because u'll be feeding less because of the high quality

13. I feed Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice. You can pick it up at any Tractor Supply for 19.99 for a 40lb bag.

Kirklands is another good one, but it is made by Diamond as well. Just different packaging.

yes Diamond has had recalls, but never for the naturals.

it has worked well for us.