1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ALERT! Tammy Grimes coming to a State near you

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by CHATNJACK, Mar 31, 2008.

1. CHATNJACK

CHATNJACK Big Dog

Tammy Grimes and "Dogs Desirve Better" public liaison director Dawn Ashby are coming to 12 states in 12 days to photograph 120 chained dogs, on the link below you'll find a form for snitches to send in "tips" on places for them to visit and photograph

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/dognamictour.html

[​IMG]

What if someone wanted to prove that they could drive to any state and in the space of a few hours easily find, photograph, and videotape a minimum of 10 dogs spending their lives at the end of a chain? And what if they decided to test this theory by going on the road on a whirlwind 12 state tour, spending only 1 day per state, including finding the dogs, driving to the next state, securing lodging, and hopefully speaking, meeting media, and creating videos? And what if at the end of each day they uploaded pictures and videos of their findings in that state on that day for the nation to share in the truth of what is going on in our country’s backyards?

And what if one day two women decided to make all these 'what ifs' a reality? The result would be The Dognamic Duo's 12/12/120 Tour.

The brainchild of DDB founder Tammy Grimes, the road tour idea has been festering for over a year; now she and DDB public liaison director Dawn Ashby have decided to put the plan into action under the tour name of The Dognamic Duo's 12/12/120 Tour!

Here's the plan: April 5th Tammy will fly to St. Louis, Missouri, where she will meet up with Dawn Ashby. There they will pick up a car, drive into Missouri to a likely location, and commence the 12 state tour bright and early the morning of the 6th.

The intention of the tour and the subsequent pictorial and video footage is to show how prevalent chaining and penning are in the U.S., educate the nation that it is common in all states, and put forth the idea that it is indeed something that must be stopped; that it is not humane and not an acceptable way to house and keep Man's Best Friend.

They will be speaking to caretakers of chained and penned dogs, passing out treats, collars and leashes, educational materials and fencing applications, and seeking local help for situations that appear to be illegal, as well as engaging the public through speaking and media alerts.

Below is a schedule for the tour. If you live in any of the targeted states, and have any of the following ideas for us, please contact us via the form below:

1. tips on areas that may really need to be seen in your state

2. tips on lodging or possible speaking engagements in your state on the day we pass through

3. tips on local media who may be interested in the story of the tour coming to your state

12 Days, 12 States, 120 Chained Dogs

Day 1: April 6th, Missouri
    Day 2: April 7th, Arkansas
    Day 3: April 8th, Lousiana
    Day 4: April 9th, Mississippi
    Day 5: April 10, Alabama
    Day 6: April 11, Georgia
    Day 7: April 12, South Carolina
    Day 8: April 13, North Carolina
    Day 9: April 14, Tennessee
    Day 10: April 15, Kentucky
    Day 11: April 16, Virginia
    Day 12: April 17, West Virginia

Tip form for The Dognamic Duo's 12/12/120 Tour:
    Got a Tip for our Trip?

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I hope she comes to see me.

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I 2nd that. I'll have the police waiting.

4. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

screw that.

the rock salt i have loaded in the shells for my shotgun are for trespassers like that.

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

As great as that sounds, we all know you cannot shoot someone just for taking pictures of your property.

Hell, if someone trespasses onto your property and gets bitten by one of your dogs, according to the law you are the one who is liable.

And heaven forbid we give her any more reasons to be a martyr.:rolleyes:

6. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I find it really interesting that she is going mainly to states in the deep south. Makes me think she is someone that grew up in an urban area and never has spent any time around any animals that weren't pampered pets.

Just more cultural elitism.

7. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

I don't know what they will expect if they come to PA! It's the law to chain your dogs. Right Boi!

8. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

it could just be a number thing.. trying to show more diversity by going through smaller states, versus just doing the same exact thing in the state of texas or california, or maybe, it could just be a southern thing;)

9. Marty

Marty Guest

I think I'll take off work and camp out on April 11, Georgia and hope like hell she comes here :D

10. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

hell yea, thats probably why she's not coming to PA, most likely the states that she's going to don't have the laws that PA has regarding chaining, which is ashame because if more states had the mandatory chain law like we have then a lot of the bad images wouldn't be out there

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I know that PA is a beautiful state, if I ever decisde to move from God's country, I may have to migrate there!!LOL

12. Marty

Marty Guest

This is what my county says...

Within any restraint district so designated by the board of commissioners as provided herein, it shall be the duty of every owner of any animal, or anyone having any animal in his possession or custody, to ensure that the animal is kept under restraint and that reasonable care and precautions are taken to prevent the animal from leaving, while unattended, the real property limits of its owner, possessor, or custodian, and that:
    (1) Kept within a proper enclosure from which it cannot escape; or
    (2) Restrained upon the owner's property by a substantial chain, cable, rope, or other device from which it cannot escape so as to not reach any adjoining property or public right-of-way; or
    (3) Restrained on a leash and accompanied by the owner or other responsible person

And thats the way it should be ;)

13. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

State is fine but NO JOBS like everywhere else and dogs are cold during December till February :D

14. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Shes a Asshole.

15. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Phooey, she aint comin' to Oklahoma. Guess she heard about us. :D

16. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Whats the bet she searches on google "(State Name) Game Dogs". Scour through google for a site with an address then vist that residence.

17. simms

simms CH Dog

I think there needs to be a public awareness drive or somthing to that affect for the cities listed. Community out reach on the propper way to confine your animals and what the current state laws require.

Is it possible to have a harrasement suit filed against this group and the indaviduals involved?

This Bitch aint No Hero!

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Funny she had time to "plan" this while she should of been sitting in jail for animal cruelty and theft.

19. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

certain states have the "make my day law," or "castle law," which is defined by the fact you can defend your property with force.

case in point, in an adjoining county to mine, about a yera ago, an elderly gentleman heard a commotion outside of his house at night.

it was two teenagers vandalizing his mailbox. heck, i've done that before, but anyways....he went out with his shotgun loaded with rock salt.

he shot towards to two people as they fled through the rear of his property in a field. the rock salt caught one of the kids in the back of the thigh.

consequently, the kid ended up having to lose his leg from the hip down, b/c he and his buddy hid int he field all night, not knowing what to do, if they guy was going to come after them, etc etc.

they tried to press charges, and he beat the case.

sad a kid had to lose is leg, but the law upheld the man's right to defend his property if the felt threatened.

IN my county, back in december, there was an african american gentleman who lived about 4 miles from me. he had recently been suspended from his postition as a school teacher and basketball coach when he had been accused of inappropriate behavior with an underage caucasian girl.

some ignorant pieces of shit decided to spray paint racial slurs on his car and property, and proceeded to burn his house with a moltov cocktail. he came out, and opened fire on the car as it drove away. he got one of them in the back. he suffered serious permanent injuries, since those dumbshits also didn't go to the hospital for care (but those circumstances were a little more severe than the above mentioned story). the homeowner went to court for aggravated assault and attempted murder; he beat the case also.

so like i said, that's what the rock salt is for loaded in my benelli :D

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I see the laws around here not allowing a person to defend himself, and I do hope I dont have to be a martyr, cause I believe that I have the right to defend my family and property.

As to the rock salt, when I was a kid, I have been hit with it more than once. The worst thing about the rock salt is the soak in the tub to get it out. Burns like you know what!! but better than buckshot.